No announcement yet.

Mozilla Now Ships Firefox Nightly Builds With Wayland Enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vistaus and Darknation, thanks for letting me know RebeccaBlackOS and Arch, respectively, default to Wayland.

Originally posted by Darknation View Post
    Otherwise I like how Firefox handles better on both my HP Elitebook
    Funny, I have a ten year old HP Elitebook I hadn't used in months and I turned it on yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Darknation View Post

As does Arch.
      Arch has no default. Every "default" is upstream default, so it depends on the desktop environment defaults. For example GNOME defaults to Wayland and KDE plasma defaults to X.

Comment

Is it possible to export GDK_BACKEND=wayland in Weston or sway config file ?

Comment

This is great :-) I believe this will make it easier to get Firefox Wayland working on Plasma as well. So far you only get blank page, but it seems like the window boarders are rendered correctly so there are definitely improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
            Code:
            $ ./firefox
            Attempting load of libEGL.so
            IPDL protocol Error: Received an invalid file descriptor
            [Parent 28687, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (90): Connection reset by peer: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 363
            ^ Looks kinda like this for me, it responds as expected to mouse input (dragging the window from the decorations) but does not display anything in the window except the default GTK background colour, also funny that Firefox depends on Chromium.
            Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            This is great :-) I believe this will make it easier to get Firefox Wayland working on Plasma as well. So far you only get blank page, but it seems like the window boarders are rendered correctly so there are definitely improvements.
            Try disabling WebRender and `layers.acceleration.force-enabled`.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post

Try disabling WebRender and `layers.acceleration.force-enabled`.
              Oh, I totally forgot to disable OpenGL acceleration, great thanks :-) Now it works at least for basic browsing. If I make a right click, something start to go wrong and Firefox stops showing visible output. Anyway this is a good progress!

Does somebody know how I can I make Gtk applications to consider my increased fonts DPI? It works in XWayland, but not for native Wayland Gtk apps.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                Oh, I totally forgot to disable OpenGL acceleration, great thanks :-)
                Was that documented somewhere? I found out the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  when will be available the nvidia support of wayland?
                  When NVIDIA contributes the code for it, for KDE, while for GNOME it should work already.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    When NVIDIA contributes the code for it, for KDE, while for GNOME it should work already.
                    Is NVIDIA in the process to develop the wayland support?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

Is NVIDIA in the process to develop the wayland support?
                      Yes for KDE
                      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mir (which is now a Wayland compositor) should support NVIDIA but I have no idea about the current status https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ptions-Streams

No for everyone else, afaik.

Comment

Working...
                      X