No announcement yet.

Mozilla Now Ships Firefox Nightly Builds With Wayland Enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After so many years, finally wayland is coming. I'm proud from all devs (firefox ones, wayland ones, GTK ones etc). Thank you guys

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Although I prefer Chrome for my laptop (I do use FF on my desktop) I might seriously consider using FF for my laptop whenever Wayland support is officially released. I'm not ditching Chrome for nightly builds of FF.
      Similar situation here. Using chrome on notebook, but waiting for firefox with wayland support on ESR versions. But in my desktop I use only firefox.

Comment

Are any distributions Wayland by default beyond Fedora? Ubuntu 17.10 was default Wayland, is 18.10?

Comment

when will be available the nvidia support of wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
            Ok, but what about gpu video acceleration? Mystery.
            Video acceleration is tied to WebRender I suppose. So it's WebRender + Wayland that's required. And then there is a third effort coming - WebRender + Wayland + Vulkan.

Comment

Largely only use Chrome when I have to log into ESXi because Firefox for whatever reason causes the VM window to gain a blue tint to it when you double click in the VM window. Otherwise I like how Firefox handles better on both my HP Elitebook and desktop machines. Pretty stoked for Wayland support.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                Finally! Now I hope they do the same for thunderbird, so that I can finally say goodbye to xwayland.
                Who are "they"? 'Cause Mozilla isn't developing Thunderbird anymore. You know that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
                  Are any distributions Wayland by default beyond Fedora? Ubuntu 17.10 was default Wayland, is 18.10?
                  RebeccaBlackOS uses Wayland by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

RebeccaBlackOS uses Wayland by default.
                    As does Arch.

Comment

Code:
                      $ ./firefox
                      Attempting load of libEGL.so
                      IPDL protocol Error: Received an invalid file descriptor
                      [Parent 28687, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (90): Connection reset by peer: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 363
                      ^ Looks kinda like this for me, it responds as expected to mouse input (dragging the window from the decorations) but does not display anything in the window except the default GTK background colour, also funny that Firefox depends on Chromium.

Comment

Working...
                      X