Wayland's Weston Is In Severe Need Of More Development Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpg44 View Post
    Whats the point in redoing the same features over and over again?

What does wayland solve? Nothing. It does nothing we don't have with X or could not get by improving X.
    Red Hat investing into it and in GNOME, that is all of its points otherwise there is no points RHEL also have plan to deprecate KDE by 2024, etc...

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/1...eprecates_kde/

Did Phoronix noted this? It seems he isn't or maybe i missed it
    Last edited by dungeon; 04 November 2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Red Hat investing into it and in GNOME, that is all of its points otherwise there is no points RHEL also have plan to deprecate KDE by 2024, etc...

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/1...eprecates_kde/

Did Phoronix noted this? It seems he isn't or maybe i missed it
      GNOME 3 is so bad, they have to force people to use it. I will never use RHEL then.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        Yes, something like this, just a little less technical maybe for the normal user. But thanks, I've seen it before and I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by jpg44 View Post

GNOME 3 is so bad, they have to force people to use it. I will never use RHEL then.
          Yeah G3 is bad by design, it is designed with premise how Desktop should be Phone just on Big Screen It works on premise as if people like their phones, then they will like this too - but that didn't happened

Since Google with Android phones appeared and succeded they started to go crazy about all this W & G3

Harassment free killer
          Last edited by dungeon; 04 November 2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah G3 is bad by design, it is designed with premise how Desktop should be Phone just on Big Screen It works on premise as if people like their phones, then they will like this too - but that didn't happened

Since Google with Android phones appeared and succeded they started to go crazy about all this W & G3

Harassment free killer
            I'd be willing to bet real money on it that don't happen. 2023? Yeah right, that's just some Gnome fanboys wishful thinking. Gnome has no fucking clue what's in store for -themselves- in 2023 let alone KDE.
            Last edited by duby229; 04 November 2018, 06:48 PM. Reason: KDE

Comment

Originally posted by cipri View Post

Nobody said that mir is better , I for myself dont know Mir in Detail, but I know libwayland-client and weston are exemplary pieces of crap. Should go in the hall of fame: how to write a piece of crap in 3 steps.
              Because of that crap that people struggled with, it took like 10 years and wayland is still not widely adopted. Who wants to contribute to crap? Crap I can write myself, I dont need to start learning and struggling to understand the crap of others. Go check the official pdf of the wayland documentation.... WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF.... was my reaction. It was a documentation that doesn't allow you to write to simplest wayland client. Should have been called fairy-tale, not documentation.
              can you please expand on this? maybe tell a more detailed description of your experience trying to learn how to work with wayland? I ask because Im really curious about this. If it's really such a piece of crap code(weston), I dont want to spend time learning how to help(which was my initial intention when I read this article)

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post
                The fact that Weston is not developed so heavily is a sign of its maturity.
                Maturity or lack of interest/money? Weston is far from being feature equivalent to X, AFAIK the remote window display was only a POC, I doubt that it is truly working.

Comment

Working...
                X