Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sway 1.0 Alpha 6 Released, Now Supports Moving/Resizing Tiled Windows With The Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Also known as the guy who is using his time to create useful
    There's nothing useful about crippling Wayland protocol on purpose so he can implement it in his politically-motivated crap project. It's devolution.

spaghetti code
    I don't think it means what you think it means.

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    It's the guy who wants Wayland to stay crippled in features so he can get the spotlight with his stupid compositor and libraries that then implement them, and push his anti-Nvidia agenda further.
    Also known as the guy who is using his time to create useful, open-source code and doesn't want it to become bloated, spaghetti code because a multi-billion dollar company won't follow the generally agreed upon standards for Wayland implementations.

Leave a comment:

• Wilfred
    replied
    Originally posted by miabrahams View Post

I really have to wonder if all the developers redirected their energy that they've used ranting against NVidia to instead work toward supporting EGLStreams in their compositors - would we would all be happily using Wayland by now?
    Stupid idea's are stupid idea's. So, I'm guessing not. Remember Nvidia is the company who got the finger from Linus.

Leave a comment:

• brrrrttttt
    replied
    Originally posted by xpris View Post
    Wait, is this project that the leader said ??
    Seems reasonable to think a shitty company would have a largely shitty customer base?

Leave a comment:

• miabrahams
    replied
    Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    It's the guy who wants Wayland to stay crippled in features so he can get the spotlight with his stupid compositor and libraries that then implement them, and push his anti-Nvidia agenda further.
    I really have to wonder if all the developers redirected their energy that they've used ranting against NVidia to instead work toward supporting EGLStreams in their compositors - would we would all be happily using Wayland by now?

Leave a comment:

• GunpowaderGuy
    replied
    Any wayland compositors or frameworks to build one , that are in the process of adding vulkan wsi support ?

Leave a comment:

• 37zy
    replied
    Are you going to ask this exact same question every time one if Drew's projects is mentioned? See also: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...28#post1024728

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xpris
    replied
    Wait, is this project that the leader said
    "Well, fuck you, too. Nvidia users are shitty consumers and I don’t even want them in my userbase."
    ??

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    I really must get around to learning and configuring this one of these days. I'll probably take a look when 1.0 gets released proper. I've had a quick try in the past, but abandoned it when I realised a few essential things like copy and paste didn't work.
    It's definitely looking like a race between Sway and KWin for who will meet my needs best when my current GeForce GTX 750 dies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X