Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sway 1.0 Alpha 6 Released, Now Supports Moving/Resizing Tiled Windows With The Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway 1.0 Alpha 6 Released, Now Supports Moving/Resizing Tiled Windows With The Mouse

Phoronix: Sway 1.0 Alpha 6 Released, Now Supports Moving/Resizing Tiled Windows With The Mouse

Released on Friday was the sixth alpha release of the upcoming Sway 1.0 Wayland compositor release that still strives for compatibility with the i3 window manager workflow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really must get around to learning and configuring this one of these days. I'll probably take a look when 1.0 gets released proper. I've had a quick try in the past, but abandoned it when I realised a few essential things like copy and paste didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      I really must get around to learning and configuring this one of these days. I'll probably take a look when 1.0 gets released proper. I've had a quick try in the past, but abandoned it when I realised a few essential things like copy and paste didn't work.
      It's definitely looking like a race between Sway and KWin for who will meet my needs best when my current GeForce GTX 750 dies.

Comment

Wait, is this project that the leader said
        "Well, fuck you, too. Nvidia users are shitty consumers and I don’t even want them in my userbase."
        ??

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
          Wait, is this project that the leader said ??
          It's the guy who wants Wayland to stay crippled in features so he can get the spotlight with his stupid compositor and libraries that then implement them, and push his anti-Nvidia agenda further.

Comment

Are you going to ask this exact same question every time one if Drew's projects is mentioned? See also: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...28#post1024728

Comment

Any wayland compositors or frameworks to build one , that are in the process of adding vulkan wsi support ?

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                It's the guy who wants Wayland to stay crippled in features so he can get the spotlight with his stupid compositor and libraries that then implement them, and push his anti-Nvidia agenda further.
                I really have to wonder if all the developers redirected their energy that they've used ranting against NVidia to instead work toward supporting EGLStreams in their compositors - would we would all be happily using Wayland by now?

Comment

Seems reasonable to think a shitty company would have a largely shitty customer base?

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post

I really have to wonder if all the developers redirected their energy that they've used ranting against NVidia to instead work toward supporting EGLStreams in their compositors - would we would all be happily using Wayland by now?
                    Stupid idea's are stupid idea's. So, I'm guessing not. Remember Nvidia is the company who got the finger from Linus.

Comment

Working...
                    X