No announcement yet.

XWayland Gets Initial Support For EGLStreams To Support NVIDIA's Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't bother to try Leopard. Mental illness is common in the Linux community. Moronix forums is where the sickest gather to shit post in essentially an echo chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Not really. KWin isn't going to support EGLStreams, so it's pretty irrelevant whether XWayland supports it or not. Just stick to AMD if you are KDE user.
      Whats the difference between hardware forcing you to run certain software and software forcing you to run certain hardware? You are the other side of the shekel mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
        AMD is the one who says gamers are important to us , yet they just keep feeding miners via drivers.

https://fudzilla.com/news/graphics/4...g-is-important

Isn't that a plain lie too?
        You did not read the article yourself?

"AMD is creating Radeon bundles in order to get Vega to actual users who wants to buy cards. Scott Herkelman Vice President & GM Radeon Gaming business unit, said that it created Radeon packs to ensure that cards will go to gamers. AMD also asked its etail partners to limit sales to one Vega per customer."

That's what they can do. Miners are still their customers, shafting them would be equally bad.

Let's look at the past. When did you start to have functioning AMD cards on Linux vs when on Nvidia?
        I don't care of "functioning". I want opensource on Linux. That's the whole point of it. If I just want "functioning" I would be on Windows, where all works fine and the sun always shines.

(And I actually have a Windows rig for gaming and one for retrogaming)

Just throw away your AMD fanboying , don't try to justify every AMD move.
        I've got nothing against NVIDIA per-se, I use/recommend them for Windows users depending on what they actually need.
        Last edited by starshipeleven; 08 February 2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          Don't bother to try Leopard. Mental illness is common in the Linux community. Moronix forums is where the sickest gather to shit post in essentially an echo chamber.
          This is a generic statement that can also apply to your post too.

Overall, I'd say 3/10, you can definitely do better trollposts.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            It's time for Linux users to start ditching Nvidia hardware.
            Its not the best time right now... The prices of GPU's is insane..

I bought a 6G nvidia 1060 last summer for about £260, the exact same card from the site I bought it is now charging £370 for it..

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              This is a generic statement that can also apply to your post too.
              No, s/he's a stable genius!

Comment

I usually have a big problem with people insinuating that somehow Red Hat is forcing Linux in a particular direction (with systemd, gnome etc.). But this is the one time I think there's justification in that viewpoint. Capitulating to Nvidia is a dick move, everyone needs to stand strong against them. Nvidia needs to support Wayland, not vice-versa. And Red Hat caving makes it less likely that Nvidia fall in line (which they need to do or be left out in the cold).

I'm not familiar with the politics of Xorg, but I really hope they refuse this patch.

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
                  I'd much rather have this new open source API that Nvidia would support too, but there doesn't seem to be any real work going into this new API:

The most recent updates are from 3 months ago! It really doesn't seem to getting much traction.
                  Looks like nvidia wanted to let others do the hard work, realized that no one cared (because GBM works) and now they are forcing EGLStreams again.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                    I usually have a big problem with people insinuating that somehow Red Hat is forcing Linux in a particular direction (with systemd, gnome etc.). But this is the one time I think there's justification in that viewpoint. Capitulating to Nvidia is a dick move, everyone needs to stand strong against them. Nvidia needs to support Wayland, not vice-versa. And Red Hat caving makes it less likely that Nvidia fall in line (which they need to do or be left out in the cold).

I'm not familiar with the politics of Xorg, but I really hope they refuse this patch.
                    They support wayland with an open KHRONOS standard called EGLStreams. Its the linux community forcing their platform monopoly junk GBM onto the users not nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                      Don't let the door hit you when you get out.

Comment

Working...
                      X