XWayland Gets Initial Support For EGLStreams To Support NVIDIA's Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
    The 70's called they want their kernel back. 'Linux users' count me out Bye.
    Don't let the door hit you when you get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
      I couldn't care less for Wayland and Ubuntu realized that it's a piece of shit to support for 18.04 LTS release even though the protocol was released 9 years ago!
      ??? Wayland protocol was not "released" 9 years ago. They started developing it 9 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
        Just did exactly that. Picked up an RX 580 in time for Linux 4.15 (cancelled my RX Vega order as after weeks and weeks there wasn't even an ETA available). If AMD could actually supply current generation hardware in a suitable timeframe they'd be the only reasonable option.
        fuck GPU miners, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          fuck GPU miners, that's why.
          Yup. At least AMD didn't try to feed me some bullshit press release about how they care more about gamers than [strike]miners[/strike]$.

Comment

I have 2 Nvidia GPUs and I still don't understand why the Linux community get so low into pleasing this shitware company?
            Seriously, all this energy could've been better used into supporting a company that really cares about user's freedom like AMD.
            I can barely wait to ditch my 2 Nvidia GPUs and buy from AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
              Yup. At least AMD didn't try to feed me some bullshit press release about how they care more about gamers than [strike]miners[/strike]$.
              Instead of publishing a "bullshit" press release , they published special drivers for mining.

​​

Comment

What an absolute clusterfuck, just because nvidia is large enough that people will eventually bend over like the good little bitches they are.

Comment

Yeah, that's a strange love-hate relationship with Nvidia.
                  I always bought from Nvidia. I'm super-pissed to see the desktop (at least under KDE ?) is so super smooth with virtually any shitty super slow GPU and jerky with a several hundreds $ GPU. Yeah, games work superbly, though, but I'm not sure I need games actually ;-) Videogames are just a bad habit IMHO
                  I temporarily removed my Nvidia and use the integrated Intel HD. Oh man, it feels like the hardware is several times as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                    Instead of publishing a "bullshit" press release , they published special drivers for mining.​​
                    That's still a perfectly honest way of acting. Miners bought a ton of their GPUs, it makes sense to have special drivers for them the same as they make profiles for games and such.

Bullshit press releases are just plain lies.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      That's still a perfectly honest way of acting. Miners bought a ton of their GPUs, it makes sense to have special drivers for them the same as they make profiles for games and such.

Bullshit press releases are just plain lies.
                      AMD is the one who says gamers are important to us , yet they just keep feeding miners via drivers.

But most GPUs are sold to miners Lisa Su was asked at Q2'17 investors conference call about the mining market and she was brave enough to say that the company didn’t plan its financials on the mining market boom. This sales tsunami did give AMD a great quarter,  but at the expense that pluc...

Isn't that a plain lie too?

I don't get Linux community. You are being unfair to Nvidia and praising AMD for everything.

Let's look at the past. When did you start to have functioning AMD cards on Linux vs when on Nvidia?

Nvidia was there at the beginning and they are here too now.

Just throw away your AMD fanboying , don't try to justify every AMD move.

Comment

Working...
                      X