Atomic Mode-Setting Finally Landing For Wayland's Weston Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Mode-Setting Finally Landing For Wayland's Weston Compositor

Phoronix: Atomic Mode-Setting Finally Landing For Wayland's Weston Compositor

Going back about two years has been work towards supporting atomic mode-setting on Weston and we are finally seeing this support land for Wayland's reference compositor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if this will help with an issue I saw using Weston with etnaviv. I have a TV that is plugged into both outputs of my i.MX6 box, one via an A/V receiver. If I switch directly from one output to the other without going via an unrelated source first, the kernel panics and dies horribly.

Comment

Does this mean that atomic mode-setting must be implemented by Plasma and Mutter now as well? Separately? Or is this maybe done already?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
        Does this mean that atomic mode-setting must be implemented by Plasma and Mutter now as well? Separately? Or is this maybe done already?
        I don't know about mutter, but it is already in progress with kwin. But the big issue was a lack of support for it in the lower levels of the stack.

Comment

Working...
        X