X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agurenko
    replied
    Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
    Does anyone here use the middle button for pasting? I only ever use it on the terminal, if ever.
    Hardly, most mice these days made wheel-click so uncomfortable...

On the topic of Wayland support, great news indeed. With KDE 5.12 LTS committing to Wayland, Gnome on Fedora committing to Wayland, looks like it's finally getting a push.

Leave a comment:

• andrebrait
    replied
    Does anyone here use the middle button for pasting? I only ever use it on the terminal, if ever.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Wow, best news in a while! Bugs are meant to be squashed, and will be as soon as the main support is in (and enabled).

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    I almost lost my hope on Mozilla to finally do this step. Even if there are some bugs, we really need Firefox on Wayland. Some days ago I did test the flatpak build of FirefoxNightlyWayland on Plasma-Wayland... it did run, but I couldn't do anything. Anyway, I'm happy that there is some activity now!

Leave a comment:

• FishPls
    replied
    Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
    hope they start working on vulkan acceleration next
    That's up to WebRender. And indeed, there are plans for WebRender to start using gfx-rs ( https://github.com/gfx-rs/gfx ) as their backend, and gfx-rs has Vulkan support.

Leave a comment:

• GunpowaderGuy
    replied
    hope they start working on vulkan acceleration next

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Firefox 59 Might Ship With Working Wayland Support

Firefox 59 Might Ship With Working Wayland Support

Phoronix: Firefox 59 Might Ship With Working Wayland Support

Besides Firefox 59 being the release doing away with GTK2 support, this next Mozilla web-browser release might be the one to achieve working native Wayland support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X