Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Of What's Coming For Wayland's Weston 4.0 Compositor

Phoronix: Some Of What's Coming For Wayland's Weston 4.0 Compositor

Earlier this week ongoing Wayland/Weston release manager Bryce Harrington at Samsung laid out plans for Wayland 1.15 and Weston 4.0. There's been some push-back on the proposed dates to try to allow some more work to land in these upcoming six month releases to Wayland/Weston, but long story short, these next releases will be here in the near future...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...n-4.0-Features

I want an setting to configure the panel in Weston to be at the bottom instead of the top.

Comment

I'm [b]still[b] waiting for a protocol extension to Wayland that will allow for a standardized method of screen recording so that I can do livestreams to Facebook or Youtube through OBS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        I'm still waiting for a protocol extension to Wayland that will allow for a standardized method of screen recording so that I can do livestreams to Facebook or Youtube through OBS.
        That would be pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

That would be pretty cool!
          There's nothing cool about something that should have been part of the protocol since day one.

Windows has a standardized way of screencasting. So does macOS. And here in Linux we have this supposed replacement to X that is not even designed to allow something as basic as this.

As it is now, OBS and SSR can only do screen recording over X. And I have not spun up X ever since Gnome made Wayland an option in Fedora 23.

Comment

There's nothing cool about something that should have been part of the protocol since day one.

Windows has a standardized way of screencasting. So does macOS. And here in Linux we have this supposed replacement to X that is not even designed to allow something as basic as this.
            Available options:

1. Help implement it
            2. Go use Windows
            3. Cry about it like a whiney open source parasite

The Phoronix forum is packed to the brim with option #3 cretins.

Comment

- Mode switching support with the X11 compositor.
              What does that mean? Is it about xwayland or wayland within in a xorg session?

Comment

As it is now, OBS and SSR can only do screen recording over X. And I have not spun up X ever since Gnome made Wayland an option in Fedora 23.
                Green Recorder.

Comment

Working...
                X