Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan Support Is In The Works For The PPSSPP Emulator

Phoronix: Vulkan Support Is In The Works For The PPSSPP Emulator

The Vulkan graphics API has been particularly popular with some gaming console emulators from the Dolphin Emulator to RetroArch. The latest emulator now working on Vulkan support is PPSSPP...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

note that vulkan on windows and android was already supported
    the code is for also supporting linux
    also i was who opened the request for this

Comment

I wonder if Vulkan would be much of a benefit to pre3D era console emulation.

Comment

PPSSPP has Vulkan already (at least on Android). If Your device support this API I can recommend this. It's amazing - 15-20 FPS on OpenGL vs 28-30 FPS on Vulkan for me. I don't think if this is needed on desktop, but It's nice to have another option. On mobile there is huge improvement, at least for me.

Comment

Typo in the short description I didn't notice:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          PPSSSPP

Comment

I got a bunch of game UMDs that I can no longer play on the PSP because the device is dead.

And I also cannot play them legitimately on an emulator because the computer does not recognize UMDs...

Comment

That's sure! The Vulkan support has brought good speed up. Now PSP games run very smooth on Android phones with PPSSPP Emuator

Enjoy these games!
              Our previously published guide on best settings for PPSSPP for highest performance is being appreciated very well and that’s inspired us to write another post related to it and we …

Comment

I'm including the link that I've recently found. This tutorial helps a lot to get maximum FPS and performance of this PPSSPP emulator. Must check this emulator.
                This is the most definitive guide that helps you with the best settings to configure the PPSSPP emulator for best performance and achieve the maximum FPS

Comment

That's good.

Comment

Also this these two resources are good:

The updated PPSSPP Settings that speed up performance and achieve 60 FPS easily:

This is the most definitive guide in 2020 that helps to apply the best setting on PPSSPP emulator for maximum performance and achieve the highest FPS on PSP games on your Android phone. The recent updates to this PSP emulator have brought tremendous changes that ensure that you get better performance irrespective of the hardware. …

And there's the list of most amazing games for PPSSPP:

The PPSSPP emulator is one of the famous gaming emulators nowadays that allows users to play their favorite PSP games on their mobiles. It works across different operating systems like Android, iOS, and Windows. In this roundup, we gather some of the best PPSSPP games you could play on your mobile in 2018. These games …

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X