Qualcomm Mentions "Vulkan2" & What I Would Suspect Of "Vulkan 2.0"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Mentions "Vulkan2" & What I Would Suspect Of "Vulkan 2.0"

Phoronix: Qualcomm Mentions "Vulkan2" & What I Would Suspect Of "Vulkan 2.0"

During last week's Sanapdragon Technology Summit, a few references to "Vulkan2" were dropped... Well, here's the official comment from Khronos on that as well as my thoughts on this hypothetical next version of Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    During last week's Sanapdragon Technology Summit
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    it's highly proable the next big update to Vulkan will indeed come

Comment

We are still waiting for Vulkan 1.0 to get motion. Everyone is still mostly using DX11 and OGL.

Comment

Does that mean you're under embargo but can talk about other folk mentioning it?

Comment

what should be done with or before vulkan 2 is to remove open gl ( and maybe even opencl ) dependencies ( eg server side vulkan window system integration ) or even support for those apis ( use compatiblity layers instead )
          Last edited by GunpowaderGuy; 12 December 2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Typos:

Thanks, been a very long day with the AMD articles and everything else today :/ Time to get some rest.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy

an ai should block everyone without a subscripton from nipicking
              tildearrow does an excellent job pointing out grammatical errors and is a premium for life member as a result.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

GunpowaderGuy Michael should really fix the ignore list

Comment

I wonder if it would be hardware-compatible, or put everyone in the "wait for Navi/Volta" game again, especially with the current video card situation. It might fail even more than Directx 10.1 did.

Comment

Michael
                    The articles of the last few days are very well written in my opinion. The research and background information and also the overall quality have improved further I would say. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X