No announcement yet.

10-Way NVIDIA GeForce Linux Vulkan Performance For F1 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting benchmarks thanks Michael. Can’t wait for the Radeon card review. I would also be interested in how f1 2017 performs with dual 4K monitors.

Regards,
    d.

Comment

Michael you say there are no rendering issues but all three top screenshots have multiple breaks in vertical bars to the left and right. Is this really horrific tearing, or an actual rendering problem? What about the pixel soup in the fence?

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post
        Michael you say there are no rendering issues but all three top screenshots have multiple breaks in vertical bars to the left and right. Is this really horrific tearing, or an actual rendering problem? What about the pixel soup in the fence?
        Tearing is standard when taking screenshots without vsync, freesync or gsync.

Comment

Originally posted by dfyt View Post

Tearing is standard when taking screenshots without vsync, freesync or gsync.
          I get that... but a DOZEN horizontal tears in one frame?

Which is why I asked. Read above.

Comment

Who cares how it compares to Windows as long as it runs good enough on Linux, which is the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
              Why do you think Nvidia underperform in Vulkan? They don't. AMD's Vulkan performance may be better in the well optimized windows driver but...

on Linux Nvidia Vulkan is easily faster than AMD. AMD are the ones who underperform on Linux Vulkan. It's something nobody expected after all the promotion regarding thinner driver layers, using mantle as a starting point etc... But sadly it happened.
              There is no support for AMD driver in this port, only radv. So this is first game with official support community driver. I like it.

And don't think compare this to Windows is important. If you want play in linux you need linux benchmark. Better option is testing with ryzen then Windows

Comment

Originally posted by prazola View Post

Perfomance are good, nVidia usually underperform in vulkan but gtx1080 seems to perform better in this feral release. Check here http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,5.html
                I think the only bottleneck here is the nvidia vulkan driver.
                1920x1080 Ultra quality
                GTX 1060 Linux: 117 fps, Windows: 76 fps
                GTX 1070 Linux: 142 fps, Windows: 110 fps

What is the problem??

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post

1920x1080 Ultra quality
                  GTX 1060 Linux: 117 fps, Windows: 76 fps
                  GTX 1070 Linux: 142 fps, Windows: 110 fps

What is the problem??
                  You cant compare those numbers, those benchmarks were run with different settings.

pts profile:
                  ultrahigh)
                  gfxconfig_advanced_smoke_shadows=off
                  gfxconfig_ambient_occlusion=hbao
                  gfxconfig_crowd=high
                  gfxconfig_dynamic_hair=high
                  gfxconfig_ground_cover=ultra
                  gfxconfig_hdr_mode=0
                  gfxconfig_lighting=high
                  gfxconfig_mirrors=ultra
                  gfxconfig_particles=high
                  gfxconfig_postprocess=high
                  gfxconfig_screen_space_reflections=ultra
                  gfxconfig_shadows=ultra
                  gfxconfig_skidmarks=high
                  gfxconfig_skidmarks_blending=off
                  gfxconfig_smoke_shadows=high
                  gfxconfig_ssrt_shadows=off
                  gfxconfig_texture_streaming=ultra
                  gfxconfig_vehicle_reflections=ultra
                  gfxconfig_weather_effects=ultra

So disabled advanced smoke shadows and hbao vs assao

Comment

Why does the fence looks so horribly broken on this screenshots? Screenshot error? Rendering issue?

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
                      There is no support for AMD driver in this port, only radv. So this is first game with official support community driver. I like it.

And don't think compare this to Windows is important. If you want play in linux you need linux benchmark. Better option is testing with ryzen then Windows
                      I think other games support RadV too. But this is the first Vulkan title which supports only RadV and not amdgpu pro. You could see the tide turning for a while though with Valve heavily contributing to it, and feral switching focus. Once it's open sourced and once it works on modern distros and kernels the tide will turn for AMD's official driver. For now Game Devs are not gonna support drivers which only workstation users run. Even steamOS switched to the open drivers for AMD.

Comment

Working...
                      X