Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intrinsic Continues Advancing As An Open-Source, Graphically-Rich Vulkan Game Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrinsic Continues Advancing As An Open-Source, Graphically-Rich Vulkan Game Engine

Phoronix: Intrinsic Continues Advancing As An Open-Source, Graphically-Rich Vulkan Game Engine

Intrinsic is one of the best looking open-source Vulkan game engines we have seen to date...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Learn more at begla/Intrinsic. It would be lovely if Intrinsic eventually has a benchmark mode.
    Fishing for a new benchmark I see :P

it does however look rather nice - I would benchmark that!

Comment

Last commit in July and their website is offline. Is it dead already?

Comment

It doesn't look *that* good. But it might just be because of low-poly and bad textures. Stuff that the graphic artists can fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
          It's online for me, but still no changes since July.

Comment

Very interesting, the developer is working at Deck13, a commercial game development studio.
            For me, imho its better to think about new areas in the field of game development, e.g blueprints, visual scripting, or collobarative scene editing, web browser support, cross platform features, builtin version control, and more, then to write a new c++ engine over and over again.

Playcanvas and Unreal Engine IMHO do a lot of interesting stuff in this area. (both are open source as well, unreal engine more or less is open source too)

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
              The site is not offline, Im looking at it right now.

Comment

Anyone know of an engine that support / plan-for multi GPU Vulkan rendering?

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                  Anyone know of an engine that support / plan-for multi GPU Vulkan rendering?
                  At least in Unity, IO have not heard about it.

Comment

Ah, that was the one that requires you to register at the nvidia website in order to download physx, just so you can build the engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X