No announcement yet.

F1 2017 On Linux Will Support Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work on a ThinkPad T450 i5 broadwell, 8GB RAM?

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
      wooo, this may become my first vulkan game
      I can only second that.
      Our son _Alexander_ asked for nice and fast racing game on _Linux_
      (Vettel vs rest of the world)...;-)
      Finally real/own OpenGL/Vulkan (driver) comparison on my RX580.
      Kudos to Alex Smith et al.!
      Last edited by nuetzel; 27 October 2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Will it still be slower than the windows dx11 version since it's a port?

Comment

Feral already has several games using Metal for MacOS.

Comment

If it is Vulkan only then it won't work on a laptop with Nvidia Optimus.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
              Nice, maybe I'll actually get the game when it's out and I have some time/money to spare.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to get the new Wolfenstein to work on RADV, but nope, all the game renders is the mouse cursor. And it still ships with broken shaders like DOOM. What the fuck?
              Which broken shaders, and did you patch wine? I'm going to look at Wolfenstein next week.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinP View Post
                If it is Vulkan only then it won't work on a laptop with Nvidia Optimus.
                Where did you get that? Vulkan works fine on Nvidia Optimus. What doesn't work is the Bumblebee workaround, but with the build in GPU switching (with logging out) Vulkan works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
                  and did you patch wine?
                  Yes, in fact I'm the one who opened the bug report. Maybe I'll find the time to provide a decent implementation of the missing Vulkan bits (and this time actually read the specs first...), but hopefully the Wine folks will soon implement them properly. Sadly I can't get the PRO driver to work on my Arch Linux right now to see if it works with that driver.

As for the shaders, the SPIR-V compiler complains about a whole bunch of illegal decorations in both games. Doesn't seem to be much an issue if they just get ignored, but whatever shader compiler they were using still doesn't seem to generate valid SPIR-V.

Originally posted by airlied
                  I'm going to look at Wolfenstein next week.
                  Great news!
                  Last edited by VikingGe; 28 October 2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post

Where did you get that? Vulkan works fine on Nvidia Optimus. What doesn't work is the Bumblebee workaround, but with the build in GPU switching (with logging out) Vulkan works fine.
                    Do you benefit with using intel vs nvidia? I never switch to intel myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post

Works great on an AMD PRIME Laptop with Radv

Comment

Working...
                      X