NVIDIA 381.26.17 Adds Vulkan 1.0.61 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

Are those "people with principle" the same people that use AMD and Intel open source drivers with binary blobs?
    Maybe AMD and Intel are not 100% open source, but they are still much more open source than Nvidia's 0% (Nouveau doensn't have any contribuiton from Nvidia, so it doesn't count)

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

with principles? what principles? Nivida supports linux like no other company for years.
      The principle of open, openess, transparency, to be able to see what you use!
      In software it's called open source, or freedom which includes open source.
      Please be kind and tell me how well Nvidia supports a Linux distro (clean install) where you don't want to alter it in any way by installing a black box called vinary driver?
      Seriusly, forcing a user to install a black box on its machine it's called supporting?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Why do you think it's Nvidia's job to cater to every principle under the sun? You have the freedom to buy whatever you want.
        Btw, what version of Vulkan is AMD delivering "for people with principles" today?
        I don't think Nvidia's job is to cater to every principle under the sun, jut to those of their customers.
        I am their customer, I paid lots of money for a GPU and I think they should allow me to use it whenever I want on whichever OS I want.
        I want to use it under Linux because Linux is open source and respects my need of privacy and security.
        Nvidia should respect my wish of freedom by providing an open source driver or give my money back.
        On their internet page and on the GPU's box I wasn't properly informed that they don't support or plan to support Linux as they should.
        If I were, I wouldn't have bought it.
        Decide for yourself, but in my eyes Nvidia is just a piece of shit company.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

I don't think Nvidia's job is to cater to every principle under the sun, jut to those of their customers.
          I am their customer, I paid lots of money for a GPU and I think they should allow me to use it whenever I want on whichever OS I want.
          I want to use it under Linux because Linux is open source and respects my need of privacy and security.
          Nvidia should respect my wish of freedom by providing an open source driver or give my money back.
          On their internet page and on the GPU's box I wasn't properly informed that they don't support or plan to support Linux as they should.
          If I were, I wouldn't have bought it.
          Decide for yourself, but in my eyes Nvidia is just a piece of shit company.
          I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry.

Comment

Working...
          X