Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 381.26.17 Adds Vulkan 1.0.61 Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 381.26.17 Adds Vulkan 1.0.61 Support

For those wanting the bleeding-edge NVIDIA Vulkan driver support, a new beta was pushed out today providing same-day support for the Vulkan 1.0.61 update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Windows is a first citizen, Linux is a second citizen. Nothing new, please move along.

Fuck you, Nvidia.

Last edited by timofonic; 16 September 2017, 04:12 AM. Reason: Adding mythical Linus Torvalds response about Nvidia that got into a popular meme for a reason...

Comment

That's old stuff. Nvidia at least works and about as fast as on Wirows. I still dont' think I would go AMD, even with their opensource stuff, for the next years. With VR I need fps speed...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        Windows is a first citizen, Linux is a second citizen. Nothing new, please move along.

Fuck you, Nvidia.
        Nowadays nvidia is supporting very well linux. That was the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

Nowadays nvidia is supporting very well linux. That was the past.
          Yeah right... and the pigs fly.
          Please tell me how well is Nvidia supporting Linux for people with principles who won't bend over and use their binary blob?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Please tell me how well is Nvidia supporting Linux for people with principles who won't bend over and use their binary blob?
            look at the drivers page so you can see from your own

Comment

I still find the experience with Nvidia way better on Windows than on Linux (and I think it could be as good if Nvidia wanted to).

Comment

Why do you think it's Nvidia's job to cater to every principle under the sun? You have the freedom to buy whatever you want.
                Btw, what version of Vulkan is AMD delivering "for people with principles" today?

Comment

This doesn't benefit the majority of Linux Nvidia users outside of the 3D Viz/CGI/Graphics world, whom Nvidia really doesn't seem to care about in the slightest. I think my next Linux box might just be straight-up Intel, since they at least seem to be focused on actual Linux users and their needs instead of a bunch of servers. Maybe we'll get lucky and AMD will get their drivers in order.

Comment

with principles? what principles? Nivida supports linux like no other company for years.

Comment

Working...
                    X