Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam 3: BFE Gets The Fusion Treatment

Phoronix: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gets The Fusion Treatment

Serious Sam 3: BFE has been upgraded (for now, the non-VR version) against the Serious Sam 2017 "Fusion" engine changes, which means Vulkan for this latest Croteam game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is really good news, I was unable to play the game due to really poor performance when I first bought the game a few years back. I might finally be able to play it with the fusion update.

Comment

You should be, as Vulkan performance on Linux doesn't differ much to Windows when the GPU is limiting (and CPU probably can be faster). No idea about actual radv/amdgpu-pro performance though.

Comment

The announcement is there, but the update is not yet pushed. Will be later today, according to Croteam.

Comment

Can you include Ryzen and NVIDIA GPUs in it?

Comment

some levels made more difficult
            It's not like they were easy ... The game is a nightmare even on normal, but still fun. How about a wave of 1000 enemies!

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              The announcement is there, but the update is not yet pushed. Will be later today, according to Croteam.
              It may be not rolled out to everyone instantly. I've already received the update and BFE.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                It may be not rolled out to everyone instantly. I've already received the update and BFE.
                Hmm.. it may be a scam, or a virus. Give me your Steam login/password I'll check.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

It's not like they were easy ... The game is a nightmare even on normal, but still fun. How about a wave of 1000 enemies!
                  Well, it wouldn't be Serious Sam without at least a wave of 1000 enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

well, it wouldn't be serious sam without at least a wave of 1000 enemies.
                    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                    X