Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan vs. OpenGL With The Radeon RX 470 On An Intel Xeon

Phoronix: Vulkan vs. OpenGL With The Radeon RX 470 On An Intel Xeon

Here is some more complementary data to this week's Vulkan vs. OpenGL On Linux With Core i5, Core i7, Ryzen 7...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice results, as always, the results are behind.
    Would be interesting to see the distribution of the fps, to see if vulkan has less drops than opengl or if there are higher peaks. Of course, less fps drops would be a bigger gain with the reduced cpu load.

Comment

Besides DoW3, any of the other games tested use the recently landed bindless texture extension?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
        Besides DoW3, any of the other games tested use the recently landed bindless texture extension?
        Deus Ex: Human Revolution makes use of it when present. I haven't noticed any real performance improvement though.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch074 View Post
          Deus Ex: Human Revolution makes use of it when present. I haven't noticed any real performance improvement though.
          Samuel said there was a bug in Deus Ex about that, maybe it didn't get fixed before you tried?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Samuel said there was a bug in Deus Ex about that, maybe it didn't get fixed before you tried?
            Could be - I had to revert to Padoka-stable though, as -edge wouldn't allow DE:MD to start last time I tried and I didn't have the opportunity to try again this week.

Comment

Working...
            X