• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
    Last milestone (43) is planned in 2020.
    Where's the list of milestones?

Comment

Originally posted by plasmasnake View Post
      GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Originally posted by plasmasnake View Post
        GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Damn these guys work fast, hope they don't stop with DX9, I wanna see DX 11 over vulkan too :P (Also DX12 but that sounds like it'd be a whole different project because DX12 is just nothing like DX9 and 11)

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

That's right. With Vulkan You can fully recreate DX API and do some optimizations, which is impossible with OpenGL.

I know that. First it need to be completed (a lot of features are missing now) and this will took some time. Last milestone (43) is planned in 2020.
            This will most likely get to a point where there are third parties with a financial interest in getting this finished. I'm sure there are plenty of games that would require a lot less maintenance with a this shim as opposed to maintaining a full OpenGL port or WINE wrapper.....

Comment

So about another 23 milestones to go, should be interesting. Plus this will certainly allow any developer to include the shim in their games and offer it to Linux users without much fuss. If he ads DX10 and 11 support someday, that will be very good.

Comment

His patreon is here btw: https://www.patreon.com/disks86

Comment

Originally posted by Geopirate View Post

This will most likely get to a point where there are third parties with a financial interest in getting this finished. I'm sure there are plenty of games that would require a lot less maintenance with a this shim as opposed to maintaining a full OpenGL port or WINE wrapper.....
                  Just like now. But Vulkan gives hope to better performance.

Comment

Working...
                  X