Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rspamd 1.6 Released With Milter & ARC Support

Phoronix: Rspamd 1.6 Released With Milter & ARC Support

Rspamd 1.6 is now available as the newest version of this widely-used, open-source spam filtering software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm. I'll have to investigate whether rspamd_proxy's new milter support would be flexible enough to add exim to the list of MTAs capable of serving as a backend for a system which rewrites incoming To addresses and outgoing From addresses to use e-mail aliases as revokable, sender-scoped API keys.

(I like my spam filtering to be comprehensibly deterministic and immune to false positives, even if that means the occasional false negative.)

...plus, it's just an elegant solution. Sort of like how I reduced the blog comment spam to one of my "send me an e-mail" forms to 1 per year without resorting to a CAPTCHA by refusing to accept posts containing BBcode or HTML link tags. (Once per year, someone sends a spambot wandering through that's so buggy that the spam contains no URLs at all... just a bit of nonsense padding that would normally come before the URL with that kind of spambot, like "srigzpogj"... not that buggy bots are uncommon. My actual blog's spam bin contains spam posts which contain the raw text of the template the spambot was supposed to use to generate the spam.)
    Last edited by ssokolow; 12 June 2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X