No announcement yet.

More AMDGPU DC Patches Posted As It Looks Unlikely It Will Land For Linux 4.13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't Mystro256 building packages off the staging trees ?

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
      Is there an amdgpu-dc repo for Arch anyone knows of? I'd love to just try it, but the Arch wiki doesn't have one listed.

See http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/mesa-git/

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Isn't Mystro256 building packages off the staging trees ?
        Indeed but only for Fedora though. There's also someone who's doing the same for Debian/Ubuntu:

https://github.com/M-Bab

Comment

M-Bab Thank you for rolling the 11 staging branch.
          The difference from 4.11.4+ to 4.11.5+ is nice the vulcan error I had with the Talos Principle is gone. I see a Code Guard error (happened with 4.11.4 too)with Serious Sam Fusion but the benchmark runs anyway. It doesn't happen with the generic Ubuntu kernels.

The best surprise is the constant spam during start-up is fixed, no more kernel: IO_PAGE_FAULT device=01:00.0 (My 1st Fury X ) it was present in 4.11.4+.
          That error is still in today's daily roll of drm/next 4.12.0-996.21706162316-generic_amd64 and all Ubuntu kernels I've tested.

It's just amazing how everything is coming together. A big Thank You to all the hard working devs.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
          Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

DarkFoss Thanks for being a brave tester and user of this bleeding edge kernel. So far 4.11.5+ is working amazingly for me too - it fixed an issue with Tyranny I had since kernel 4.9.13+(!).

Whenever you notice problems that are undoubtedly linked to the kernel feel free to open an issue on github. Then I try to track it down a bit and report the bug upstream to the AMD devs.

Comment

So kernel 4.14 or 4.15 or beyond?

Comment

Hopefully there will be a 4.13-amd-staging soon
                Right now I can either have VR working (Mesa needs the amdgpu module in 4.13rc1+ for that), or have working sound (via 4.11 staging), and no VR.

Comment

M-Bab Just wanted to say Thank You again. The 4-11 staging was a fun ride. The only issues I had from 4.11-10 to 4.11-12 were coming out of S3. I didn't bother reporting since looking through the commits at agd5f's site I could see possible fixes were already coming down the line, 1st one landed 7/20 in Ubuntu's drm-next. With yesterdays drm-next and todays drm-tip 4.13.0-994-generic my Crosshair V Formula-Z /BIOS 2201 is probably as close to golden status as it will get.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                  Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

DarkFoss You're welcome. I personally learned way more after publishing the kernel than before when I was only building the stuff for myself. I now added 4.12 but didn't dare to publish drm-next yet: It is based on a 4.13 release candidate and I assume things won't get more stable if I combine the bleeding edge AMD code with an unreleased kernel ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X