Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Is Prepping For Vega/GFX9 Support

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Is Prepping For Vega/GFX9 Support

It looks like RADV developers are working on getting their driver ready for bringing up Radeon RX Vega support on their unofficial, open-source Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Radeon RX Vega is launching at the end of June"?

Isn't the Frontier one launching at end of June instead?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      "Radeon RX Vega is launching at the end of June"?

Isn't the Frontier one launching at end of June instead?
      Yeah, typo, fixed. Thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I would love to see AMD open source their Vulkan driver, but with all the other things that have been promised to be open sourced.. It's a tedious waiting gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
          I would love to see AMD open source their Vulkan driver, but with all the other things that have been promised to be open sourced.. It's a tedious waiting gaming.
          I would love to see more games use a Vulkan renderer, but with all the other things that have been promised a Linux port.. It's a tedious waiting game.

Comment

It be nice to get a open-source freesync implementation that we can all use.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              It be nice to get a open-source freesync implementation that we can all use.
              AFAIK the agd5f/amd-staging-*.* trees include DAL/DC and freesync support. That code is starting to appear in easy-to-install packages, eg mystro256's builds:

Test signature

Comment

ssshhh, it's secret. Just VS/PS, geom/tess are going to be a big chunk of work.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

AFAIK the agd5f/amd-staging-*.* trees include DAL/DC and freesync support. That code is starting to appear in easy-to-install packages, eg mystro256's builds:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...taging-kernel/
                  Cheers, yeah I just installed it before. Appears to work well thought I can't find any real documentation about enabling freesync so I'm assuming its always on?

Comment

Here are the latest instructions we posted for the hybrid driver. What I'm not sure of is whether they require the amdgpu driver from the hybrid stack as well, will try to find out tomorrow:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...-IN-LINUX.aspx

Maybe start by running the command to check FreeSync support as a first step:

To verify that your system supports FreeSync, please follow these steps:
                    • Run 'DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --prop'
                    • The output will show EDID information for all displays. Noteworthy parameters are the following:
                    • freesync_capable
                      • 0 = display does not support FreeSync
                      • 1 = display supports FreeSync
                    • freesync
                      • 0 = FreeSync is currently disabled
                      • 1 = FreeSync is currently enabled
                    • Display hot-plug/unplug is not fully supported with FreeSync; please start your system with the FreeSync display connected.

Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X