Valve Puts The Steam Controller & Steam Link Back On Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

The average Swiss makes three to four times as much as their neighbours. I think they can afford to cough up a bit more on a gimmick.
    IDIOT!

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post

IDIOT!
      Right back at ya.

Not my fault you choose to live in a country where everything is overly expensive and the economy is failing because its inhabitants choose to take their money out of their own country.

Just be a good Swiss parasite and have it delivered to a German, Austrian, French or Italian address. Help destroy your own economy while simultaneously driving EU citizens nuts with your inability to act like a decent human being.

Comment

Originally posted by ximian View Post

EU ≠ Europe.Maybe in Switzerland there is no discount?
        Even if there was, most Swiss buy their stuff EU-side anyways so they would never know about the discount.
        The good news is that even the average Swiss cleaning lady makes close to twice as much as a software engineer in France or Germany, so everyone over there can easily afford paying more.

Just the usual moaning of a greedy citizenry used to getting handouts.

Comment

Originally posted by ximian View Post
          EU ≠ Europe. Maybe in Switzerland there is no discount?
          EU=Very Very Close To Switzerland With No Serious Border Checkpoints.

If it is discounted in EU it makes 0 sense to not discount it in Switzerland, unless Gabe somehow wants to help destroy Swiss economy by forcing people to buy it in EU.

Comment

Right back at ya.
            Ok, ok.
            I take the Idiot back.

You're not an Idiot, you're a HYPOCRITE.

... and the economy is failing ...
            Yep, the Swiss economy is failing. |-O

... most Swiss buy their stuff EU-side anyways ...
            I'm amazed, you hit right on target! You must be some sort of a psychic or a witch doctor. (:|

... even the average Swiss cleaning lady makes close to twice as much as a software engineer in France or Germany ...
            I'm pretty impressed now: Your ignorance of cleaning ladies salaries is topped by your ignorance of software engineering salaries!

Just the usual moaning of a greedy citizenry used to getting handouts.
            Your comments look more like the usual bitching of leftist EU-hardliners because the Swiss were able to keep themselves out that fustercluck. You seem to be a solid disciple of the EU bureaucrats. You eat their preaching right off their mouth. Brussels can be proud of such devout followers!

If you mind, I'd like to draw the attention back to the topic. starshipeleven hits it right on target:
            Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            If it is discounted in EU it makes 0 sense to not discount it in Switzerland
            I don't think it is deliberately done by Gabe, it's more the usual ignorance of the Americans.

Comment

Ok, ok.
              I take the Idiot back.

You're not an Idiot, you're a HYPOCRITE.
              Ummm. You might want to look up the definition of hypocrisy.
              The only way I could possibly be a hypocrite is if I was secretly buying all my shit in Switzerland while publicly complaining about that mess of a country.

Yep, the Swiss economy is failing. |-O
              The Swiss national bank lost 23 billion last year and 50 billion the year before.
              Unemployment in the north-western parts rose by 4% in 2016.
              Retail outlets have been losing between 9 and 12 billion since 2015.

The only thing not failing about Switzerland is its PR department. They've been going strong ever since the day they managed to convince people of their neutrality throughout WWII (while conveniently denying their role in the Holocaust).

I'm pretty impressed now: Your ignorance of cleaning ladies salaries is topped by your ignorance of software engineering salaries!
              I'm a software engineer. I make 15/hour. The average Swiss cleaning lady/nanny makes 25.

Your comments look more like the usual bitching of leftist EU-hardliners because the Swiss were able to keep themselves out that fustercluck. You seem to be a solid disciple of the EU bureaucrats. You eat their preaching right off their mouth. Brussels can be proud of such devout followers!
              Exhibit A that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
              If Brussels is a bureaucracy, what is Bern? At least over here you don't have to shell out most of your savings in case of a car accident (which is what happened to me last year, travelling through Schaffhausen) and our "bureaucrats'" invoices are usually final. They don't come after you twelve to fourteen months later to extort a couple grand more.

What clusterfuck? Europe (yes. I say Europe here. Switzerland is about as European as Turkey. If not less) isn't the one hemorrhaging billions due to a failing economy.
              Heck. Our "bureaucrats" make sure roads are actually properly maintained. As opposed to the Libertarian minefield on your side of the border.

I don't think it is deliberately done by Gabe, it's more the usual ignorance of the Americans.
              Nah. It's probably the ignorance of Swiss (specifically, you). Being some isolated, "independent" shithole makes it a good bit harder to import goods.
              The infrastructure just isn't in place. Even Schengen can't change that. Distributing goods across the EU or the US is comparably easier and a lot less bureaucracy. Common laws and regulations are a hell of a handy thing.

Comment

I doubt they "forget" to add discounts because they are stupid. Discounts still bring in cash.

It's more likely that there are other issues preventing them to do that, like what unixfan said.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  I doubt they "forget" to add discounts because they are stupid. Discounts still bring in cash.

It's more likely that there are other issues preventing them to do that, like what unixfan said.
                  I didn't say they are stupid. They're just Americans. You would not believe how many Americans mistake Sweden for Switzerland. For them it is as follows: "EU covers Switzerland because Sweden is in the EU".

If they would really care about the cash, they would come to realize that thereis a free trade agreement between USA and Switzerland and that selling products to Switzerland is actually easier than to the EU. Many US hardware manufacturers are using this distribution channel silently and effectively.

Comment

I didn't say they are stupid. They're just Americans. You would not believe how many Americans mistake Sweden for Switzerland. For them it is as follows: "EU covers Switzerland because Sweden is in the EU".
                    FYI: if you say "Valve=Americans" and "Americans=stupid", then you are also saying "Valve=stupid" as a logical consequence.

If they would really care about the cash, they would come to realize that thereis a free trade agreement between USA and Switzerland and that selling products to Switzerland is actually easier than to the EU. Many US hardware manufacturers are using this distribution channel silently and effectively.
                    Then it's because they assumed a significant amount of people would buy it from outside anyway (as discounted price in Swiss is still going to be double the price of outside), and thought they would get more money by not discounting at all in Swiss. Or something like that.

They don't make discounts because it's fun, they have bean counters calling the shots, if they think it's not worth it they don't do it.

Comment

Ummm. You might want to look up the definition of hypocrisy.
                      Dear unixfan2001, as much as I like you for being a Unix fan, you perfectly qualify as a hypocrite. You probably haven't realized it, I've put a link to the merriam-webster definition of hypocrite. But please note that what you write further down is dangerously close to the definition of a moron.

The Swiss national bank lost 23 billion last year and 50 billion the year before.
                      The SNB had to buy large amounts of Euros to keep the exchange rate between CHF and Euro stable. This and the deflation of the Euro is the real reason for the loss. However, the Euro assets of the SNB are now equal to a quarter of the Euros in circulation. And, by the way, the SNB is by far not the biggest bank in Switzerland. All of them did very well, you're ignoring this. (hypocrite?)

Unemployment in the north-western parts rose by 4% in 2016.
                      Which brings it from 3.1% to 3.4%. The 4% you quote is a relative figure. Go figure! (moron?)

Retail outlets have been losing between 9 and 12 billion since 2015.
                      Again, looking only at figures you like?? (hypocrite!) The retailers in Switzerland face serious problems, but the ones in the EU have the same problem. The retail sector is not the only problematic sector, but the losses in retail are overcompensated by other sectors.

The only thing not failing about Switzerland is its PR department. They've been going strong ever since the day they managed to convince people of their neutrality throughout WWII (while conveniently denying their role in the Holocaust).
                      well, this is a blind rant. (moron?)

I'm a software engineer. I make 15/hour. The average Swiss cleaning lady/nanny makes 25.
                      Right back at ya.

Not my fault you choose to live in a country where the salaries are that shitty. (hypocrite?) If you're not happy about your salary, pull the fingers out of your ass and come to work in Switzerland as a nanny.

To make sense out of your figures: your 15/hour is after health insurance and social security, the 25/hour of the Swiss nanny is before these deductions. If you do the math, you'll see that you still earn more than a Swiss nanny.

Exhibit A that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
                      If Brussels is a bureaucracy, what is Bern?
                      I agree with you that between the two of us, somebody doesn't know what he's talking about. (Hint: it's not me)
                      And Brussels is a bureaucracy. I've seen it with my own eyes. I myself stood in the long queue of the bureaucrats at Zaventem airport. Yes, Bern is not that much different, but that proves what exactly?

At least over here you don't have to shell out most of your savings in case of a car accident (which is what happened to me last year, travelling through Schaffhausen)
                      Apparently you broke the law while speeding through Switzerland. This explains actually a whole lot about your rants of Swiss people profiting from EU. Please:

Don't project from your own onto other people!

We (Swiss people) are used to follow the law. This is true for speeding on the road as well as for paying import taxes when importing from the EU.

and our "bureaucrats'" invoices are usually final. They don't come after you twelve to fourteen months later to extort a couple grand more.
                      Apparently you had a serious charge against you. If it's only a minor issue, you can settle it in Switzerland pretty easy and conveniently. If you, however, have charges set against you, this will cause a civil-process and a serious fine. If you understand the system, you'll start to like it. But starting to rant about it while admitting that you seriously broke the law actually makes you both, a hypocrite *and* a moron.

Heck. Our "bureaucrats" make sure roads are actually properly maintained. As opposed to the Libertarian minefield on your side of the border.
                      Apparently you've never been driving in either of France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Sweden and a couple of other countries. (hypocrite?)

I think it's better to leave the rest of your rants uncommented.

Comment

Working...
                      X