No announcement yet.

Valve Puts The Steam Controller & Steam Link Back On Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only wish for a few things for the steam controller (and yes, some are far-fetched)

1: A hardware switch for selecting controller profiles. I'd love to use the steam controller on some older games, but it doesn't work, detects it as a keyboard, and I can't force it to detect without breaking all the other controllers. When the controller is connected it can load up as keyboard, mouse, and controller, and then use the switch to control which inputs are sent where.

2: Rechargeable batteries + recharging method via USB

3: Swappable joysticks/dpads. If they made it easy to customize the contollers physically as well, that would be awesome.

4: Better handling of multiple controllers (one disconnects, and everyone's player order is messed up) by following the Xbox 360 method of either Signing into Steam, Creating a Local Profile, or, guest profile that doesn't keep save information.

5: A little LCD screen on the controller with the profile picture

Comment

I frigging don't care how many times per day they put their bloody steam link on sale! I always receive a notification and every time I look it up - whether it is on amazon or via other channels, the sale is USA only. Over here in Europe, the cheapest steam link on amazon (Germany) is seen for 40 Euro. The Swiss retailers are even worse. The cheapest is 89 Francs for either link or controller (which converts to about 92 US dollars) no bundles.

HEY VALVE, DO YOU HEAR ME? STOP BULLSHITTING YOUR CUSTOMERS! THE EARTH IS BIGGER THAN USA!

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
        The Swiss retailers are even worse. The cheapest is 89 Francs for either link or controller (which converts to about 92 US dollars) no bundles.
        [/B]
        The average Swiss makes three to four times as much as their neighbours. I think they can afford to cough up a bit more on a gimmick.

Comment

Maybe nice if you have Anbox or something similar to run Android games and use the touchpad on the Steam Controller to control the game.

Comment

Sorry to say that, but after over a year of steam controller, i've switched to the Nintendo Switch Pro controller and NEVER EVER go back. I dont need that touchpad crap on the controller, since its no fun and for a controller-controller thing, steam controller is just bad and will lose against every other controller out there.

(BTW, no, I dont own a Nintendo Switch and dont plan to buy one)

Comment

Nag screens have also started to appear about controller configuration, in the form of full screen, focus stealing "notifications". Be wary of the latest beta client, if you don't like full screen nags. Of course there's no way to turn them off.

This is the time when I'm even less interested in buying their stuff. What's next, 3rd party ads in Steam?

Comment

I frigging don't care how many times per day they put their bloody steam link on sale! I always receive a notification and every time I look it up - whether it is on amazon or via other channels, the sale is USA only. Over here in Europe, the cheapest steam link on amazon (Germany) is seen for 40 Euro. The Swiss retailers are even worse. The cheapest is 89 Francs for either link or controller (which converts to about 92 US dollars) no bundles.

HEY VALVE, DO YOU HEAR ME? STOP BULLSHITTING YOUR CUSTOMERS! THE EARTH IS BIGGER THAN USA!
                I don't know if you live in a different Europe, but for me it says -60% = 21,99€ in the official Steam store.

Comment

I'm also in EU and I see it at 21.99 euros with the 60% discount. There must be something wrong on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                    What the hell is the Steam Link?...
                    Cheap fullhd streaming device with USB port-over-IP functions. You put it somewhere, connect it to a screen/TV, connect peripherals to it, and play (steam) games from your main PC somewhere else in your house. (works over ethernet or wifi)

It's pretty neat.
                    Last edited by starshipeleven; 12 May 2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      I'm also in EU and I see it at 21.99 euros with the 60% discount. There must be something wrong on your side.
                      EU ≠ Europe.Maybe in Switzerland there is no discount?

Comment

Working...
                      X