Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADV Radeon Vulkan Gets Patches For Tessellation Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RADV Radeon Vulkan Gets Patches For Tessellation Support

    Phoronix: RADV Radeon Vulkan Gets Patches For Tessellation Support

    RADV co-founder David Airlie is staging another important feature for this open-source Radeon Vulkan driver: tessellation support...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...lation-Support

  • #2
    Another big step to being feature complete. Good progress considering not many people are working on the driver compared to the teams AMD and Nvidia have.

    I tried to run Doom on radv last week but it failed to even start. I noticed there was a testing branch that David had made to get it working, but I'm not really sure how to even grab it never mind compile it. Hopefully it'll get merged upstream if it hasn't already.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
      Another big step to being feature complete. Good progress considering not many people are working on the driver compared to the teams AMD and Nvidia have.

      I tried to run Doom on radv last week but it failed to even start. I noticed there was a testing branch that David had made to get it working, but I'm not really sure how to even grab it never mind compile it. Hopefully it'll get merged upstream if it hasn't already.
      Are you running wine-staging? I think everything needed for Doom is in Mesa, it's wine that's lacking (from memory)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

        Are you running wine-staging? I think everything needed for Doom is in Mesa, it's wine that's lacking (from memory)
        Yep, the patches in wine seem to be doing their job. I get a bunch of successful bcrypt messages. But then something fails when the game tries to go full screen. Opengl fails too, so I wasn't sure if the game needs work around to even launch on mesa.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

          Are you running wine-staging? I think everything needed for Doom is in Mesa, it's wine that's lacking (from memory)
          There is a bug in Doom and developers decided to not workaround it in the driver.
          https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=99467

          Comment


          • #6
            Great job! Another important feature. I like it!

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm not sure it's too useful yet. The tessellation Vulkan examples from SaschaWillems do this
              Code:
              Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
              0x00007ffff1b1a1d8 in LLVMBuildGEP () from /usr/lib/libLLVM-5.0svn.so
              (gdb) bt
              #0  0x00007ffff1b1a1d8 in LLVMBuildGEP () from /usr/lib/libLLVM-5.0svn.so
              #1  0x00007ffff5693252 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #2  0x00007ffff5693271 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #3  0x00007ffff56a2afe in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #4  0x00007ffff56a2e75 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #5  0x00007ffff567f744 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #6  0x00007ffff567fe23 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #7  0x00007ffff5680923 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #8  0x00007ffff5682181 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #9  0x00007ffff568223e in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
              #10 0x000000000045ab24 in VulkanExample::preparePipelines() ()
              #11 0x000000000045be4e in VulkanExample::prepare() ()
              #12 0x0000000000446d41 in main ()

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by haagch View Post
                I'm not sure it's too useful yet. The tessellation Vulkan examples from SaschaWillems do this
                Code:
                Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
                0x00007ffff1b1a1d8 in LLVMBuildGEP () from /usr/lib/libLLVM-5.0svn.so
                (gdb) bt
                #0 0x00007ffff1b1a1d8 in LLVMBuildGEP () from /usr/lib/libLLVM-5.0svn.so
                #1 0x00007ffff5693252 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #2 0x00007ffff5693271 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #3 0x00007ffff56a2afe in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #4 0x00007ffff56a2e75 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #5 0x00007ffff567f744 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #6 0x00007ffff567fe23 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #7 0x00007ffff5680923 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #8 0x00007ffff5682181 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #9 0x00007ffff568223e in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so
                #10 0x000000000045ab24 in VulkanExample::preparePipelines() ()
                #11 0x000000000045be4e in VulkanExample::prepare() ()
                #12 0x0000000000446d41 in main ()
                Turns out I suck at rebasing patches, I lost two. The branch is updated now and the lost patches are on the list.

                Dave.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok, I'm in the process of trying to convert over to team Red from team Green after a decade.

                  So, there are 4 different video drivers for a semi-modern (7xxx) card? Is there a good place to find a good comparison of the differences?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks good to me now. Thanks!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X