RADV Now Advertises Vulkan 1.0.42; Shader Cache Thread Queue Lands In Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Now Advertises Vulkan 1.0.42; Shader Cache Thread Queue Lands In Mesa

Phoronix: RADV Now Advertises Vulkan 1.0.42; Shader Cache Thread Queue Lands In Mesa

There were several interesting Git commits hitting Mesa 17.1-devel tonight...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It was a real good decision to go for AMD RX 480 last autumn! Of course the performance wasn't and still isn't competitive to nVidia under Linux or AMD on Windows, but it feels good to have all this progress going on. With every upgrade of Mesa things tend to get better! Also DAL is already working pretty well with amdstaging. I really do hope it could be made ready for upstream pretty soon.

Does anyone know if the DAL code is in a better shape now? Are they getting rid of HAL?

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
      It was a real good decision to go for AMD RX 480 last autumn! Of course the performance wasn't and still isn't competitive to nVidia under Linux or AMD on Windows, but it feels good to have all this progress going on. With every upgrade of Mesa things tend to get better! Also DAL is already working pretty well with amdstaging. I really do hope it could be made ready for upstream pretty soon.

Does anyone know if the DAL code is in a better shape now? Are they getting rid of HAL?
      I though HAL was one of the main points of DAL

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post

This. Pretty curious on the SotA of DAL/DC in linux-amd-staging 4.9.

Actually I built linux-amd-staging 4.9 yesterday and I got no HDMI sound. Which was an improvement on the same kernel built two days before as it was faulting hard on GDM startup. Which build are you using,if I may ask?

P.S.
        I also posted this question on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/c...amdstaging_49/

Comment

Originally posted by kirgahn View Post

This. Pretty curious on the SotA of DAL/DC in linux-amd-staging 4.9.

Actually I built linux-amd-staging 4.9 yesterday and I got no HDMI sound. Which was an improvement on the same kernel built two days before as it was faulting hard on GDM startup. Which build are you using,if I may ask?

P.S.
          I also posted this question on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/c...amdstaging_49/

You have to enable DAL in the kernel config. I don't have access to my PC at the moment but I'll try to share when I do.

Comment

Working...
          X