• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

source
    its just an aproximate calculation:

~35% perf drop from dx11 to opengl
    ~10% perf win from dx11 to dx12
    almost no perf drop from dx12 to vulkan(this one remains to be seen)
    =
    almost 50% perf win from opengl to vulkan

Comment

@Michael: Why don't you contact Feral and just ask them about the benchmarking capabilities? Typically Feral is pretty responsive in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Kohrias View Post
        @Michael: Why don't you contact Feral and just ask them about the benchmarking capabilities? Typically Feral is pretty responsive in my view.
        I do though every time I do it usually takes a few days to hear an actual technical answer...
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

As a windows user with no will to change to linux, but as a benchmark lover, I'm very eager to see Vulkan implemented and see how it stack up against DX12 implementation.
          Linux gaming is getting interesting, again I don't want to change to linux, but I do love to see the benchmarks in here, and how things have been improving especially with the AMD OSS performance.

Cheers

Comment

Add "UseVulkan" in the IndirectX section in the Preferences file, maybe you'll get lucky. I only got flashing frames and the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by philips View Post
              Add "UseVulkan" in the IndirectX section in the Preferences file, maybe you'll get lucky. I only got flashing frames and the sound.
              Yeah I had played around with that but no go, will update article to mention that.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                we could see +50% perf over opengl on a good driver
                (nvidia and anv)
                You can expect a lot more from anv. When it runs at 3 fps instead of 1 fps, that's a wonderful 300% improvement. It'll be all over the news, you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

You can expect a lot more from anv. When it runs at 3 fps instead of 1 fps, that's a wonderful 300% improvement. It'll be all over the news, you'll see.
                  That would actually be an improvement of 200%.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

You sir, made my day! :'D Still, with Intel Iris Pro you could most likely get a playable performance with decent quality settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehvis View Post

The DX12 renderer has no gain in performance on Windows. So the best you could hope for is 20%-25% to bring the port to near WIndows level.
                      It varies on implementation. To sazy DX12 has no gain in performance on Windows isn't complete right.

Comment

Working...
                      X