RADV Gets More Improvements For Mesa 17.1-dev, Lower Dota 2 CPU Usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    No, in fact most of you guys are wrong. The reason game specific bug fixes don't belong in drivers is because game developers start relying on driver developers to fix their binary.
    There has never ever been such a thing. Developers (more like game publishers) have a budget and they have to make do with that, period. The games that suck most are the ports, where developers are not even optimizing a damn and it's already good enough that some third party was paid to make a port that works at all.

Nip that reliance in the bud right now by making damn certain game developers -HAVE- to fix their own bugs. If app A works and app B doesn't work, guess which app will be the one that gets bought the most?
    The one that runs best on NVIDIA that uses profiling, or neither if NVIDIA's profiling saves the ass to both. End of the match: NVIDIA 1 or 2, Mesa 0.

My opinion is simple, if the developer releases a quality game and it works he'll get paid for it and continue releasing quality games that work, and if he doesn't then he sells nothing and goes out of business which is good for the whole industry.
    This is not how real life competition works.
    NVIDIA will not stop profiling and doing driver-side hacks because they suddenly think it's good to be fair, so if you go the purist way like that you are basically making a big fat present to the green team.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      There has never ever been such a thing. Developers (more like game publishers) have a budget and they have to make do with that, period. The games that suck most are the ports, where developers are not even optimizing a damn and it's already good enough that some third party was paid to make a port that works at all.

The one that runs best on NVIDIA that uses profiling, or neither if NVIDIA's profiling saves the ass to both. End of the match: NVIDIA 1 or 2, Mesa 0.

This is not how real life competition works.
      NVIDIA will not stop profiling and doing driver-side hacks because they suddenly think it's good to be fair, so if you go the purist way like that you are basically making a big fat present to the green team.

Yep, true enough, I can't make much of a difference as an individual, but I damn sure can do my part. Too bad really. In the mean time people will continue paying nVidia to fuck them with a red hot fire poker.

Comment

Working...
      X