X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by droste View Post
    HDMI audio is not fully working until DAL/DC lands. That's at least what AMD devs were saying.
    ... or until we (or someone) port the audio code from radeon to amdgpu (for SI).

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
    [...]
    I wonder if CIK ought to be on by default by now, unless some issue I don't know about.
    [...]
    HDMI audio is not fully working until DAL/DC lands. That's at least what AMD devs were saying.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by Herem View Post
    bridgman are you able to share anything new about the progress on opening up the AMD Vulkan driver?
    And if not details, may be some rough ETA for completing this tedious process?

Leave a comment:

• Herem
    replied
    bridgman are you able to share anything new about the progress on opening up the AMD Vulkan driver?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    the official driver in the official linux kernel is the RadeonSI+AMDGPU driver.

the closed source driver IS NOT OFFICIAL.
    Hah... that's funny to hear after years of "the open source driver is not official because I don't download it from amd.com and because some non-AMD developers contributed to it".

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium

the official driver in the official linux kernel is the RadeonSI+AMDGPU driver.

the closed source driver IS NOT OFFICIAL.
    So, by official, you mean, in the Linux Kernel. Is that it?

Leave a comment:

• ResponseWriter
    replied
    Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
    I think you have to compile the kernel by yourself to get GC1 working, right? I also think HD79xx still don't work so well?
    Run this command:

zgrep AMDGPU /proc/config.gz

If you see CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_SI=y then your kernel has support for your card without recompiling (likely only kernel 4.9 and later).

Can't speak for SI but AMDGPU works well for me on a 290 (CIK). I wonder if CIK ought to be on by default by now, unless some issue I don't know about.

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
    The work going towards this driver is much appreciated but won't it somewhat go to waste once the official driver from AMD comes out?
    ... or is it about having a good placeholder until that happens?
    There are at least two OpenGL implementations (Clover, AMDGPU-Pro) and you can choose to install one or the other. Don't see why there can't be two Vulkan implementations, except maintenance burden.
    Last edited by ResponseWriter; 30 January 2017, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    "still unofficial"?
    You mean there's a chance AMD will adopt this driver?

Leave a comment:

• Xicronic
    replied
    At this rate, AMD open-sourcing their Vulkan driver is going to be near-pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Penguin
    replied
    The work going towards this driver is much appreciated but won't it somewhat go to waste once the official driver from AMD comes out?
    ... or is it about having a good placeholder until that happens?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X