Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Starts Off Another Exciting Week Of Development

Phoronix: RADV Starts Off Another Exciting Week Of Development

The RADV Mesa Radeon Vulkan driver has seen some code land in Mesa Git while other patches are being staged on Mesa-dev as January comes to an end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

While it's nice to see progress in RADV, I'm still more exited about the performance and bugfix patches of Mesa. Most of the current games are still OpenGL and quite a few have performance issues. Compared to nV most of them. Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the progress of AMDGPU and RadeonSI. The only thing I do miss is DAL. Hopefully it will get merged any time soon.

Comment

when radv will not hang gcn1 on dota2?

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
        when radv will not hang gcn1 on dota2?
        Since when does radvd work with gcn1 on dota2?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Since when does radvd work with gcn1 on dota2?
          since first gcn1 commit, but sometime it hang on main screen, sometime on hero pickup screen

Comment

I think you have to compile the kernel by yourself to get GC1 working, right? I also think HD79xx still don't work so well?

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
              I think you have to compile the kernel by yourself to get GC1 working, right? I also think HD79xx still don't work so well?
              nope suse enable si and cik amdgpu from 4.9rcX, and my 7970 works fine(opengl and nine is stable), with PRO parts i can play dota\talos\dota\dolphin-emu\unity vulkan, but with radv only talos amd unity works stable.

Comment

The work going towards this driver is much appreciated but won't it somewhat go to waste once the official driver from AMD comes out?
                ... or is it about having a good placeholder until that happens?

Comment

At this rate, AMD open-sourcing their Vulkan driver is going to be near-pointless.

Comment

"still unofficial"?
                    You mean there's a chance AMD will adopt this driver?

Comment

Working...
                    X