Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vulkan 1.0.39 Adds A Number Of New Extensions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vulkan 1.0.39 Adds A Number Of New Extensions

    Phoronix: Vulkan 1.0.39 Adds A Number Of New Extensions

    The delay in seeing a new Vulkan 1.0 update was worthwhile as the v1.0.39 release today is rather fun...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....0.39-Released

  • #2
    I told you here https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...394#post926394 how useless it was to post an article of "it's been x time since a new vulkan version" and oh look here it is.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm starting to feel Micheal should take a zero tolerance policy on unconstructive posts and trolls (and their multiple accounts). It's sad to check comments and only see toxic posts; the forum isn't being used properly at all anymore.

      Delete, ban and don't bother responding to any complaints since that's their main goal.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gutigone View Post
        I told you here https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...394#post926394 how useless it was to post an article of "it's been x time since a new vulkan version" and oh look here it is.
        Why not tho? When you think about it aren't news in all ways shape or form pretty much useless like 99% of the time anyways? And your comments? Even more useless.

        Comment


        • #5
          Seems like a violation of SemVer rules to add features to a 1.0 release and then bump the patch version instead of the minor version.

          Comment


          • #6
            And still in:
            https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...e5d596af86160d
            https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...fa69e9225c1400

            Thank you Dave!

            Comment


            • #7
              You do realize though that is not support but just boilerplate updates for ir?
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                Seems like a violation of SemVer rules to add features to a 1.0 release and then bump the patch version instead of the minor version.
                There is no violation of semantic versioning here. The new functionality are extensions and not part of Vulkan 1.0. Metaphorically, you can think of them like plugins you can install for your web browser. Equivalently, browsers don't bump their major nor minor versions each time a new plugin is released.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why are the extensions with methods ending with a number?

                  Why are these extensions and not part of the core?

                  Vulkan will just be a random collection of extensions?
                  If they are extensions, are they optional?
                  If they are in the official specification, are they still extensions?

                  Is this really a nice API?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    I'm starting to feel Micheal should take a zero tolerance policy on unconstructive posts and trolls (and their multiple accounts). It's sad to check comments and only see toxic posts; the forum isn't being used properly at all anymore.

                    Delete, ban and don't bother responding to any complaints since that's their main goal.
                    You say unconstructive, I say feedback to let Michael know what articles are not actually interesting and quite useless to post about other than content-pushing for clicks.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X