72,917 87,199 Grand Theft Auto V
    62,494 64,746 Team Fortress 2
    60,856 60,856 ARK: Survival Evolved
    58,007 58,007 Rocket League
    57,798 62,179 Football Manager 2017
    48,506 48,506 Rust
    48,484 48,484 Garry's Mod
    43,636 48,737 Warframe

btw, 8 of the "Top 10" are a Native Linux Games.
    Funnily enough, the game right under Rust, Garry's Mod, was actually the lead developer behind Garry's Mod (his name's Garry). I guess he got enough money from the 10 bucks for the mod to fund his next game Rust, back when it was that weird Windows95 style game before again moving on to Unity.

And it's always been a bug-riddled hackfest.
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Wow, like 10 years ago I played a beta of an MMO called Wurm Online, beacuse it was supported under Linux. I believe it was something Notch was involved with before Minecraft. This Rust game looks like exactly the same thing, just with a much better 3D engine. Hope it's not as frustrating to get started with, but from the description, I'd bet it is.

Well, what do you know? It's still there...

http://www.wurmonline.com/
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wurm_Online
      Rust is incredibly difficult on the patience to get going in. there are clan wars on certain servers and others are more for soloing. The whole point of the game is to be the king shit sitting on your indestructible tower and shooting newbies with your rifle+scope or film your group in a raid.
      Hi

Comment

Is that the same game ESR tried recently and found lacking?

Comment

Nearly 2023 and can’t play the darned game on my Steam Deck. Sorry to necropost but it’s one of the first results that came up for trying to find out what’s going on/if Vulkan is supported.

Turns out they use Anti-Cheat by Epic Games which doesn’t support Linux.

Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikr1848 View Post
            Nearly 2023 and can’t play the darned game on my Steam Deck. Sorry to necropost but it’s one of the first results that came up for trying to find out what’s going on/if Vulkan is supported.

Turns out they use Anti-Cheat by Epic Games which doesn’t support Linux.

Sucks
            That's right. And Facepunch also recently mentioned they have no desire in the imminent future to support linix, but aren't, and I'm just guessing at their phrasing here, proactively sabotaging efforts; just that it needs a lot of work to get done. Seeing as how shit the Windows game is, I'm no surprised. They do still fancy getting back to it, apparently. At some stage.

I've had to reserve a monstruous amount of space for Windows/Steam/Rust just to play with a family member for this weirdly narcissistic game. Interestingly, my wee 4650G Pro is all I need to play it at optimal settings, as you dont want grass, high detail and whatnot loading, for killing/looting reasons.
            Hi

Comment

Working...
            X