X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    The best driver of one gpu vs the best driver of another gpu isn't interesting? Sounds like you just don't like cross-vendor comparisons.
    best driver would be directx, not mesa opengl or vulkan

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverMachine View Post
    I don't see what's interesting about comparing the propriety driver of one manufacturer and opensource of the other. It's comparing apples with pears. I find it more interesting how the propriety driver compares to the opensource driver of the same manufacturer.
    Bridgman constantly tells us the Pro driver is meant for (surprise) professional use, and that users should be using solely the open-source drivers. From that point of view, the comparison seems to be spot on.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    The best driver of one gpu vs the best driver of another gpu isn't interesting?
    Talos was always faster with amdgpu-pro, both with opengl and vulkan.... recently you can't play Doom 2016 neither with open opengl nor vulkan, that guy who make wine patches actually used year old fglrx to run it

Not sure how that make it the best? Sometimes open GL is fast that is true, but only sometimes - it might be only your favorite driver,so self proclaimation... but that does not make it the best
    Last edited by dungeon; 21 December 2016, 04:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    I don't see what's interesting about comparing the propriety driver of one manufacturer and opensource of the other. It's comparing apples with pears. I find it more interesting how the propriety driver compares to the opensource driver of the same manufacturer.
    Most determining thing in speed should be the hardware, especially with Vulkan. The whole point of Vulkan is being close to the hardware. While some differences may exist, generally performance should be the same for all drivers and manufacturers, as long as the hardware has similar capabilities. Stop considering a Fury losing to low-end hardware normal. It isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Pontostroy
    replied
    i like radv, but now i can use amdgpu-pro vulkan and opencl with Mesa and hd 7970
    Code:
    zypper in amdgpu-pro-dkms libdrm-amdgpu-pro vulkan-amdgpu-pro libopencl-amdgpu-pro-icd libopencl-amdgpu-pro-clinfo

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    The best driver of one gpu vs the best driver of another gpu isn't interesting? Sounds like you just don't like cross-vendor comparisons.

Leave a comment:

• SilverMachine
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    He, he, Michael must be playing with server currently... sometimes openbenchmarking go down sometimes entire phoronix

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
    So yeah, it would be great if you show us the settings.
    Config should be here, but currently OB is down:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

But it have startup autodetection enabled last time i saw it, so settings likely get changed at runtime

Also worth to mention is that Talos beta builds are slower then release builds, probably more debuging enabled... so if someone run that it is expected to be slower
    Last edited by dungeon; 21 December 2016, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    I concur with other users with Talos Principle. I get 30-40 FPS average for 64-Bit OpenGL and this is not during the benchmark. The CPU preset is set to high and the rest is set to Ultra with 2x anti-aliasing and 3D Rendering MPIX set to 2.1 (1080P). When going through the elevator in any world areas, I get 60+ FPS and did hit 110+ FPS for about a second or two before the elevator stops at the top. I'm running nvidia-lqx ver. 375.26-1 in Linux Liquorix kernel 4.8.10-1, although I will upgrade soon to get the security fixes but then I have not fall victim to exploits from criminals.

So yeah, it would be great if you show us the settings.
    Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 20 December 2016, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Necrogrinder
    replied
    Why GTX 650 was failing with Vulkan? No Dota and Talos benchmarks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X