Nintendo's Switch Game Console Is Vulkan & OpenGL Conformant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

Erm... did you even read what I quoted? Perhaps you should use an extra five minutes to do so.
    Yeah I did...(eventhough my original post seems to be gone...don't understand why...) you seemed to ask for a source that they will use maxwell in switch and I linked to an article that confirmed that in the middle of it...

Comment

Originally posted by vein View Post

Yeah I did...(eventhough my original post seems to be gone...don't understand why...) you seemed to ask for a source that they will use maxwell in switch and I linked to an article that confirmed that in the middle of it...
      No, try reading again.

Here's the original quote text:
      Originally posted by birdie
      It's based on the Maxwell arch so it's not 100% Vulkan compliant - I mean in theory it is, in practice many things will be implemented in software and consequently they will be very slow/more or less unusable. Even Pascal is not 100% implemented in hardware in regard to Vulkan/D3D12 but at least it's much much better than Maxwell.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

No, try reading again.

Here's the original quote text:
        The rest of the post is stuff that has been confirmed here on phoronix so many times that I didn't even think it could be some of that you wanted confirmed... Basically it means that pascal doesn't have async compute in hardware...which have been confirmed many times.

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post

Why do you think steamos has 1% marketshare? last time I checked the steamOS machines are ignored in the steam surveys and nowhere else are reliable statistics.
          I'm going to risk a little trolling and say that you got the ignored part right about steamOS machines. They get ignored alright!

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post

I'm going to risk a little trolling and say that you got the ignored part right about steamOS machines. They get ignored alright!
            I know I was right, thanks anyway :P

Comment

Working...
            X