Dota 2 7.00 - Mesa 13.1-dev: OpenGL RadeonSI vs. Vulkan RADV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
    Why isn't the R9 290 tested anymore on Phoronix?
    Last check it still was in regressed state since Linux 4.7 where the performance is very bad and haven't had time to bisect it (yet) and only affects subset of R9 290 owners.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Last check it still was in regressed state since Linux 4.7 where the performance is very bad and haven't had time to bisect it (yet) and only affects subset of R9 290 owners.
      Oh I see, thanks for the quick answer Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

That would be a nice x-mas present - to finally help fixing that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
          People on Windows-focussed tech websites actually do that. And people on Windows-focussed tech sites also praise Vulkan for running well on Doom while hating on Dx12, while ignoring that both APIs basically have the same issues when used the wrong way.
          I know, it's still wrong.
          However, I don't really matter for the latter, as it serves the purpose Right conclusion, wrong motivation, still better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X