No announcement yet.

Egosoft Is Developing A New X Universe Game Using Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Rebirth is not the game to focus on. That thing was abysmally bad. Look at this clusterfuck:

That's just not acceptable. When someone says "Ride to Hell: Retribution", I reply with "X Rebirth." They should forget about that game and do something new.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Yeah. Rebirth is not the game to focus on. That thing was abysmally bad. Look at this clusterfuck:

That's just not acceptable. When someone says "Ride to Hell: Retribution", I reply with "X Rebirth." They should forget about that game and do something new.
      Pfft that's a cosmetic issue. Look up Gazz's [MOD] Turret Fix - 75 ships. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226528

When I got a Terran Cutlass I noticed that the turrets were busted.
      The modeler aligned turret + camera at differing angles. That ain't workin.

Pretty much all ships in X3 TC had useless turrets because some moron placed said turrets on the hull without keeping in mind the turret's turning angles in the actual animation (hint: the turrets didn't do 360 turns, more like 90 degrees to each side and up/down), and other morons never tested a single capital ship before release.
      Result: most turrets couldn't even fucking turn enough to bear in the side of the ship they were supposed to cover, so there were gargantuan blind spots.

They integrated his mod in a following patch, but.... seriously. That's what I mean with broken.

Comment

Freelancer was such a polished game. Sure it seems dumbed down compared to X. But the game just felt a lot better. I hoped one mans sky would be like Freelancer but nope. No game has given me the same feels.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
          Freelancer was such a polished game. Sure it seems dumbed down compared to X. But the game just felt a lot better. I hoped one mans sky would be like Freelancer but nope. No game has given me the same feels.
          Of course No Man's Sky didn't, anyone with half a brain who had looked at the marketing materials knew ahead of time that it was going to be at best an Elite Clone, at worst an ARK clone, and well... it's an ARK clone. The droid you're looking for is known as Star Citizen, Which'll be Chris Robert's 3rd iteration of the concept (Wing Commander: Privateer having been the first, and Freelancer the second).

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Pfft that's a cosmetic issue. Look up Gazz's [MOD] Turret Fix - 75 ships. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226528

When I got a Terran Cutlass I noticed that the turrets were busted.
            The modeler aligned turret + camera at differing angles. That ain't workin.

Pretty much all ships in X3 TC had useless turrets because some moron placed said turrets on the hull without keeping in mind the turret's turning angles in the actual animation (hint: the turrets didn't do 360 turns, more like 90 degrees to each side and up/down), and other morons never tested a single capital ship before release.
            Result: most turrets couldn't even fucking turn enough to bear in the side of the ship they were supposed to cover, so there were gargantuan blind spots.

They integrated his mod in a following patch, but.... seriously. That's what I mean with broken.
            Actually, the latest versions of X3 (R, TC and AP), especially when heavily modified (XTM for X3:R, XRM for X3:TC and X3:AP) mostly fixed the turrets.
            E.g. While I had no issues taking down a suprt-duper-M2 with a cheap M6 in X2, trying to do the same in X3TC/AP XRM will result in quick and painful death.

Sadly enough, X-Rebirth completely broke all capital ships making it a lousy game....

- Gilboa
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: Egosoft Is Developing A New X Universe Game Using Vulkan

Egosoft, the studio behind the X Universe game franchise with their titles long being Linux friendly going back many years, is developing a new title and will feature a Vulkan renderer...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Rebirth-Vulkan
              Screw X-Rebirth VR.
              The big news is X4!

Yippie!

- Gilboa
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
              X