Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Adds AF Support To GCN 1.1+

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Adds AF Support To GCN 1.1+

The RADV open-source Radeon Vulkan driver in Mesa has added support for anisotropic filtering (AF) for Volcanic Islands (GCN 1.1) hardware and newer...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...DV-AF-VI-Lands

radv: add support for anisotropic filtering on VI+
    VI+ would be GCN 1.2+ AFAIK

Comment

Are there any updates regarding Freesync and audio via HDMI?

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
        Are there any updates regarding Freesync and audio via HDMI?
        That's unrelated to RADV, you probably want to look at DAL.

Comment

And DAL is still not included upstream. I wonder when they'll have it shrinked and polished so far that the upstream devs will accept it.

The radv progress is astonishing. I know AMD people are busy with upcoming Vega support and the likes, and maybe they still have internal IP legal review. But if they still want to contribute and complement they might want to be quick, otherwise radv might be good and feature complete already. And then it would be just doubled work for everyone.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
            And DAL is still not included upstream. I wonder when they'll have it shrinked and polished so far that the upstream devs will accept it.

The radv progress is astonishing. I know AMD people are busy with upcoming Vega support and the likes, and maybe they still have internal IP legal review. But if they still want to contribute and complement they might want to be quick, otherwise radv might be good and feature complete already. And then it would be just doubled work for everyone.
            The last time I looked, radv was mainly done by David Airlie who (afaik) doesn't work for AMD but Redhat.

Comment

I think Adarion was talking about us reworking our closed-source Vulkan implementation for open sourcing, not Dave and Bas working on radv.

Comment

Working...
              X