• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, if you subscribe to Phoronix Premium then you won't get the ads
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by illwieckz View Post
      Michael, do you know these screenshoted ads bring no income at all?

So it's just a gratuitous aggression that profits to no one. Hey, how you can ask people to subscribe if you display ads even to those who subscribe to not get them?

Remember that ads are aggressions, nothing justifies aggressions, but the worst ones are the gratuitous ones.

You failed to ensure your readers will not get ads if they subscribe.
      You're complaining about how I crop a screenshot for an article?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by illwieckz View Post
        Remember that ads are aggressions, nothing justifies aggressions, but the worst ones are the gratuitous ones.
        Aggressions?
        I can understand "annoying", but reacting so bad to a screenshot with a couple ads is unjustified.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Michael, if you subscribe to Phoronix Premium then you won't get the ads
          Shh! Don't you see he is boosting his own ads viewcount this way?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Aggressions?
            I can understand "annoying", but reacting so bad to a screenshot with a couple ads is unjustified.
            you need a class on micro aggressions.

Comment

After cropping apply some DoF so we can focus on console

Comment

Wasn't Vulkan supposed to be faster than OpenGL? Running at half the frame rate does not do much to recommend it...

Comment

Originally posted by hansg View Post
                  Wasn't Vulkan supposed to be faster than OpenGL? Running at half the frame rate does not do much to recommend it...
                  Vulkan allows better utilizing multiple cpu cores, and reduces cpu overhead. It doesn't automatically mean things are faster, it just means the potential to be faster is there.

If you can't use the GPU at full potential, all the saved CPU cycles are useless, and right now there's a lot of optimizations that the Vulkan driver doesn't yet use.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post

Are you just compiling your own amdgpu enabled 290 kernel or are you getting it from somewhere? I'd love to try some of these amdgpu features on my 290 but would rather not leave my PC on all night compiling the kernel for it.
                    Right now I'm using Manjaro and their kernels since 4.6 have the relevant option enabled.

You can check by running this command in a terminal: zgrep -I "CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_CIK" /proc/config.gz

If the result is `CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_CIK=y` then your kernel should work, otherwise it may take a little more effort. What's your OS?

Comment

Radv is not finished and certainly doesn't take all optimization opportunities yet.

This is a side project by two developers that is only a couple of weeks old. That it can fully run Dota 2 and The Talos Principle (minus 4x and 8x AA) is truly amazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X