Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Linux Vulkan Performance vs. RADV / AMDGPU-PRO

Phoronix: NVIDIA Linux Vulkan Performance vs. RADV / AMDGPU-PRO

On Thursday the RADV open-source Radeon Vulkan driver was merged into mainline Mesa and I provided bleeding-edge RADV vs. AMDGPU-PRO benchmark results for these two independent AMD Linux Vulkan driver implementations, plus comparison results to the OpenGL drivers in the same games. For those that have been wondering how the NVIDIA proprietary Vulkan driver compares to AMD's two Vulkan driver options, here are some fresh benchmark results.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How about Vulkan at 4k?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
      How about Vulkan at 4k?
      Did you read the article?

Comment

Article mentioned it is quick article

RADV was running into issues at 4K so there is no Vulkan data to show for this quick article.

Comment

We really need more Vulkan benchmarks. Hopefully the new Unigine benchmark will be interesting.

Comment

So the main take-away here: Nvidia's OpenGL-Drivers are still superior in this particular benchmark (as in most others) and has less overhead when things become CPU-limited, Mesa is close to the AMD proprietary driver in OpenGL, the gap seems a bit narrower in Vulkan.

Comment

Hmm that is odd, I do play dota 2 at my rx480 but i got more frames on opengl, 100+, I cannot test radv because I installed the package but every time i run dota 2 send an error message, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Article
                Even the GTX 950 with Vulkan was faster than the R9 Fury and RX 480 on either driver stack.
                Obvious CPU bottleneck is obvious. IIRC the numbers are very similar to an older article about Dota 2 specifically, except RADV wasn't in there.
                Anyway, difference (to AMDGPU-PRO) is small, nothing to worry about IMHO.

Comment

I'm sorry.....but.... W..T...F..... is the GTX 950 doing beating every AMD card in 2 of the 3 tests and only lost to half of them at 4K

Grrrr....Red Team....I'm really wanting to upgrade my old Nvidia card to you guys, but man......losing to a 950 ?!?!?

Comment

Love em or hate em, NVIDIA has the best graphics engineering team in the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X