Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Easy Way To Try Intel & RADV Vulkan Drivers On Fedora 24

Phoronix: An Easy Way To Try Intel & RADV Vulkan Drivers On Fedora 24

Fedora 25 should have good support for the open-source Vulkan Linux drivers (particularly if it lands the next Mesa release) while Fedora 24 users can now more easily play with the latest Mesa Git RADV and Intel ANV Vulkan drivers via a new repository...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh nice! Thanks for the shout out Michael !

A little disclaimer though, I don't test the Vulkan code; I just pull it and build it.

The kernel code on the other hand, I actively patch and take care of it, because I use it on my main machine with my RX 480 card. Fortunately, the code has been very stable lately, so I don't require too many patches. I plan to start building for F25 too in the next 2 weeks!

EDIT: The kernel also comes with the DAL code if anyone wants audio over HDMI, freesync, etc.
    Last edited by Mystro256; 30 September 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Why the hell, users of non-rolling release model distributions, like Ubuntu, Fedora etc., wants bleeding edge software, it's pain for them and quite easy to use Arch / pacman based distro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

A little disclaimer though, I don't test the Vulkan code; I just pull it and build it.

The kernel code on the other hand, I actively patch and take care of it, because I use it on my main machine with my RX 480 card. Fortunately, the code has been very stable lately, so I don't require too many patches. I plan to start building for F25 too in the next 2 weeks!

EDIT: The kernel also comes with the DAL code if anyone wants audio over HDMI, freesync, etc.

You copr my copr repo and then you take all the credit, not cool!

Without my work on vulkan and mesa you would have nothing.

P.S Vulkan is now in the official fedora repo

Comment

does freesync work in amdgpu-pro? And in your branch also? I had no idea it works on linux already : D yey!

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post
            Why the hell, users of non-rolling release model distributions, like Ubuntu, Fedora etc., wants bleeding edge software, it's pain for them and quite easy to use Arch / pacman based distro.
            Because I'm selective about what I like to roll and what I don't like to roll. I actually used to be an Arch user, then I became a Fedora dev.
            I also like Fedora's packaging guidelines and RPM packaging in general better than Arch's.

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

does freesync work in amdgpu-pro? And in your branch also? I had no idea it works on linux already : D yey!
            I don't have a compatible monitor to test it with, but all the code is there, so I can only assume it works.
            I can't say anything about AMDGPU-PRO because I don't use Ubuntu and it doesn't work on Fedora yet.

The staging kernel is just a mirror of AMD's internal staging repo according to bridgman, so it should have the latest code. Him or agd5f would know better than me though. I just pull it and patch it.

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post
              Arch is good, but for me the packages I use (mesa-git and wine-staging + gallium9) are all in the aur, and on my AMD laptop it takes forever to compile those.

Fedora 24 was good, I'll probably give 25 a go.

Comment

No freesync yet AFAIK.

Re: latest code, remember that we have two internal staging trees, one for all-open and one for hybrid. The hybrid tree follows the all-open tree but has additional changes on top. Right now agd5f is pushing the all-open staging tree, not the hybrid staging tree, although we are working on pushing the hybrid trees as well.
                Test signature

Comment

Because I'm selective about what I like to roll and what I don't like to roll.
                  Yeah, I use Gentoo for that... As a matter of fact, I use Gentoo everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by leigh123linux View Post
                    Haha sorry I didn't mean to offend

I'll put a credit notice, but they really should make it so when you fork a copr it specifies where it was forked from (similar to github).

Good to hear the packages got in, I noticed it on bodhi when you pushed it into testing. I plan to hold on to your builds until you push them to stable. Thanks for the hard work

And if anyone who is interested in giving leigh123linux some karma on bodhi:
                    https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/upda...ackages=vulkan
                    Last edited by Mystro256; 30 September 2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X