• abu_shawarib
    replied
    Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    Valve has imploded
    Pfffffffff

Leave a comment:

• LeJimster
    replied
    Well its about time! Hopefully this will mean more popular titles on the way to Linux. Don't get me wrong there are lots of games on Linux now, but very few are the most popular AAA titles.

Still annoyed with Bethseda n Doom tho. Its bad enough not native support but they have opengl and Vulkan working great and u can't even play it through wine because of DRM.

Leave a comment:

• SaucyJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

They have aimed for a Linux client since the kickstarter days. They are (part of) the force that's behind the Cryengine Linux client.
    Aimed? No. Funny story behind that actually. CIG had a fully working linux client in the early days of Arena Commander but cryteks opengl renderer was such shit they couldn't release it. Their code base/engine is still ready for linux, they just need to pop in a renderer that actually works well.

Leave a comment:

• lordheavy
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    maybe I'm just not aware of it....but I'm missing upcoming AAA Games based on Cryengine. Maybe Robinson ....but The Climb is more addressed to VR Kit owners. Great step forward seeing Vulkan is supported in possible Big Games.To have more AAA Titles in Linux with Vulkan, more engines need to support Vulkan and crossplattforming.
    cough cough ...... maybe Kingdom Come Delivrance ..... ^^

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post

Star citizen.
    They have aimed for a Linux client since the kickstarter days. They are (part of) the force that's behind the Cryengine Linux client.

Leave a comment:

• SaucyJack
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    maybe I'm just not aware of it....but I'm missing upcoming AAA Games based on Cryengine. Maybe Robinson ....but The Climb is more addressed to VR Kit owners. Great step forward seeing Vulkan is supported in possible Big Games.To have more AAA Titles in Linux with Vulkan, more engines need to support Vulkan and crossplattforming.
    Star citizen.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Vulkan doesn't mean Linux games. It means Vulkan.

See Doom (4) as an example.
    true ...but it is fundamental for a proper port. And as far as I understand, the way from this point to linux support isn't that far. btw http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SD...NGINE+on+Linux

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Vulkan doesn't mean Linux games. It means Vulkan.

See Doom (4) as an example.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CryENGINE Is Planning To Deliver Its Vulkan Support In About Two Months

Phoronix: CryENGINE Is Planning To Deliver Its Vulkan Support In About Two Months

The middle of October is when Crytek should be publicly rolling out their Vulkan API support in the CryENGINE...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X