There's A Project Working To Implement Direct3D D3D9 Over Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'm not against the DX9 to Vulkan idea, but at the same time we have Gallium Nine.
    Doesn't AMD (open-source), Intel, and cards older than Maxwell with nouveau only have Gallium Nine though? Compared to the cards that can access Vulkan, Gallium Nine has less support.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      Doesn't AMD (open-source), Intel, and cards older than Maxwell with nouveau only have Gallium Nine though? Compared to the cards that can access Vulkan, Gallium Nine has less support.
      Uhm, I would have said Vulkan is the one with less support.
      AMD open has no Vulkan, Intel has but most of their hardware isn't powerful enough, I doubt noveau supports Vulkan even on new cards or adds support for that anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Uhm, I would have said Vulkan is the one with less support.
        AMD open has no Vulkan, Intel has but most of their hardware isn't powerful enough, I doubt noveau supports Vulkan even on new cards or adds support for that anytime soon.
        I think the point being made was that, as long as nVidia continues on their current path, Nouveau will always be playing catch-up to the binary drivers and nVidia has no interest in Gallium Nine, while the free drivers will eventually gain Vulkan support.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
          Doesn't AMD (open-source), Intel, and cards older than Maxwell with nouveau only have Gallium Nine though?
          Actually, only Gallium drivers have Gallium Nine and Intel driver is a classic Mesa driver so it doesn't have Nine. There is a Gallium driver for Intel hardware though, but I'm not sure how well that works. It's too bad that nouveau is so slow on Fermi hardware, I'd like to try it out more (and I don't have Vulkan either!). Maybe I should just get a new graphics card, but this is fast enough for the games I play right now (with proprietary driver of course).

Comment

Working...
          X