Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan 1.0.10 Released

Phoronix: Vulkan 1.0.10 Released

Another end of the week, another Vulkan specification update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Vulkan is such a strong example of the benefits of being open source. I mean in two months it's received 10 updates... It's being developed so fast, maintained so fiercely. I don't see any other viable route for complex and critical software that aims to be widespread in the near future (including Self-Driving Cars, Virtual Reality, Deep Learning AI and Neural Networks, etc; honestly I don't even see Windows outliving Linux, it looks like Windows 10 will be where Windows has gone to die, since Microsoft stated it won't develop any other windows version after 10, Linux will eventually reign over Windows, in fact already does on every platform besides the Desktop. I mean do you see the military using Windows for mission critical components of their most advanced war machines like the Zumwalt? Hell no! Cars? Hell no! TVs? Nope, and so on...)

Comment

Keep forging!!!

Comment

Vulkan 1.0.50 is coming in about 40 weeks!
        Cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
          Vulkan is such a strong example of the benefits of being open source. I mean in two months it's received 10 updates... It's being developed so fast, maintained so fiercely. I don't see any other viable route for complex and critical software that aims to be widespread in the near future (including Self-Driving Cars, Virtual Reality, Deep Learning AI and Neural Networks, etc; honestly I don't even see Windows outliving Linux, it looks like Windows 10 will be where Windows has gone to die, since Microsoft stated it won't develop any other windows version after 10, Linux will eventually reign over Windows, in fact already does on every platform besides the Desktop. I mean do you see the military using Windows for mission critical components of their most advanced war machines like the Zumwalt? Hell no! Cars? Hell no! TVs? Nope, and so on...)
          Well, Vulkan isn't code, just a specification.. also, all of those updates were just documentation fixes AFAIK.

Comment

@triangle

I already thought the same. I wanted to see the 1.0.9 spec updates as the latest Nvidia Vulkan Update features 1.0.8, then I looked at the LunarG code, there they jumped from 1.0.8 to 1.0.10. If they keep this pace they beat Chrome next year ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X