AMD Posts Initial AMDGPU Hybrid Driver With Vulkan Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderated again.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 19 seconds.
    Test signature

Comment

Not sure if I should count this as AMD getting faster Xorg support than NVidia or not... since NVidia still hasn't mainstreamed their Linux vulkan support yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Did that HW combination work with different drivers ? Wondering if this is a function of enabling DAL (which AFAIK is on in the hybrid driver but not in upstream).
        one of my posts stuck so here is again
        Radeon and fglrx drivers work fine my HW combo i tried with upstream amdgpu work fine but hybrid didn't work also ignoreEDID option doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by rosco View Post

HD7790 is special, right? It doesn't mean that HD7970 is supported by this new driver?
          Why is HD7790 special?
          HD7790 is Bonaire which is Sea Islands.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            why amd fans waited for driver with no games?
            I am pretty sure a lot of people on these forums are developers, so its exciting for us.

Comment

Originally posted by osmotr View Post
              DAL don't identify the monitor and tv and stuck at 1068x768 i tried with ubuntu 14.04.4 and debian 8 (screens dead with IgnoreEDID option)
              Just for people like me who need a workaround while waiting for updates (example with 1920x1080 resolution for the primary monitor):

Code:
              xrandr --newmode $(cvt 1920 1080 60 | tail -n 1 | cut -c 10-)
              xrandr --addmode $(xrandr | grep "connected primary" | cut -f1 -d' ') "1920x1080_60.00"
              xrandr -s "1920x1080_60.00"
              Originally posted by ThrowAway3000 View Post
              2. Where can we submit bugs? Upstream doesn't like bugs for experimental CIK support, so on the FDO website and to AMD directly?
              I also have some stuff to report! I will be happy to write bug reports to help!

Last edited by illwieckz; 20 March 2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrowAway3000 View Post
                1. Even with smaller test coverage, AMD will still fix bugs found by GCN 1.1 hardware owners - is that correct?
                2. Where can we submit bugs? Upstream doesn't like bugs for experimental CIK support, so on the FDO website and to AMD directly?
                Yes, the VI-only coverage should hopefully be temporary. Since the code will continue to evolve then strictly speaking we would try to repro bugs in the latest code and fix them there if they still exist.

Don't know what the plan is for public bug reporting but will find out.

Originally posted by osmotr View Post
                one of my posts stuck so here is again
                Radeon and fglrx drivers work fine my HW combo i tried with upstream amdgpu work fine but hybrid didn't work also ignoreEDID option doesn't work
                Great, thanks. So maybe a missing quirk in the DAL code then.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by vadix View Post
                  I am pretty sure a lot of people on these forums are developers, so its exciting for us.
                  so it's not 'amd fans' after all, it's 'developers with only amd videocard'

Comment

My (long) post disappeared again (not moderated, just pressed submit and ended up looking at thread without my post)... won't try to recreate the whole thing in case it magically appears later, but I will ask about how we want to handle problem reporting and one of us will respond back.
                    Test signature

Comment

Tried the new driver with a Hawaii card - R9 290. The system booted to a blank screen.
                      Uploaded the X log to pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Z49KJAcq
                      Judging from it, amdgpu actually works but can't enumerate video modes in my monitor.
                      Code:
                      [ 2.581] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output DVI-D-0
                      [ 2.581] (EE) AMDGPU(0): Unknown EDID version 0
                      Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                      X