Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Yeah, next time we'll know that minutes matter
    I think it was less that, and more that it wasn't officially certified by Khronos which meant that all the official press from them didn't mention it.

That was a terrible, terrible mistake by AMD's marketing department, because your driver was far more complete than say, Intel's. But they got on the press releases and you didn't.

Comment

Color me impressed. Not only CSGO (OpenGL) works, I also have The Talos Principle running on Vulkan. Performance seems to be very slightly slower than with OpenGL, but with less stuttering. That is on a R9 390 (GCN 1.1).

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        I think it was less that, and more that it wasn't officially certified by Khronos which meant that all the official press from them didn't mention it.
        Yeah, that makes sense.

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        That is on a R9 390 (GCN 1.1).
        Well that's a bonus... I was hoping that CIK support was not disabled in the build.

What distro are you using ? If Ubuntu note that all 14.04.x report 14.04.4 these days because of security/bug updates even if the kernel & gfx stack are actually from 14.04.1, .2, .3 or .4, so I guess the question I'm trying to ask is "what did you install or explicitly upgrade to ?".
        Last edited by bridgman; 18 March 2016, 09:53 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Well that's a bonus... I was hoping that CIK support was not disabled in the build.

What distro are you using ? If Ubuntu note that all 14.04.x report 14.04.4 these days because of security/bug updates even if the kernel & gfx stack are actually from 14.04.1, .2, .3 or .4, so I guess the question I'm trying to ask is "what did you install or explicitly upgrade to ?".
          Ubuntu 14.04.4 64-bit. I am also more than aware of how the Ubuntu HWE system works, and yes it is an actual .4 with the Wily HWE-Linux 4.2 stack It was a fresh installation just to test out the driver.

Comment

Awesome! I noticed this beta driver does support opencl 1.2, but the old catalyst driver supports 2.0. What gives?

Comment

AFAIU, hybrid means it's running on top of the open source stack... Isn't it?

Comment

Yes... three closed-source components running on top of slightly tweaked copies of open source kernel driver, X driver, libdrm and multimedia drivers.
                Test signature

Comment

I really like AMD's approach to GPUOpen because I think it makes developers life a lot easier. I hope with Vulkan we get less dependent of driver specific optimizations and gaming on SteamOS with AMD hardware becomes a thing. Awesome work, looking forward to converting to team red!

Comment

I have to say it's pretty impressive how new installer is done (idea with repo is good one - I like it). I understand this particular release about rolling out Vulkan driver, but what about video encoding in future driver releases? Is there any plans to do that and how? VA-API or something different?

Comment

Good stuff.

Question- when the official version 1 of hybrid AMDGPU driver is released; will it officially support CI? Or will it still be experimental to be enabled by default in a subsequent release?

Comment

Working...
                      X