Vulkan 1.0.4 Specification Published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plonoma View Post

Don't take the following I'm going to say too seriously but.

A break? If it was an insignificant typo in just a random word I can overlook that.
    But he made a mistake in the name of an extension.
    An extension with underscores in the name.
    You don't just type that shit down.
    It's a horrendous oversight!

Getting the official name of something wrong is such a life-changing disaster I'm finding myself with no words to describe the injustice done today!
    The horror *shudders*
    You go girl!
    Things with underscores in them should be copy/pasted anyway, not actually typed :P

Comment

Use a spell-checker or something Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You go girl!
        Things with underscores in them should be copy/pasted anyway, not actually typed :P
        Definitely agree with you on that one...
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

Didn't Michael have that when he had an intern?
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by swoorup View Post
            Use a spell-checker or something Michael?
            I don't think many dictionaries contain the word VL_KHR_mirror_clamp_to_edge.

Comment

Can I code against the Vulkan API using C#, Python, Ruby or JavaScript?

Comment

Originally posted by Petteri View Post

lol understandable

Comment

Originally posted by Petteri View Post

Somebody submit a pull request!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Can I code against the Vulkan API using C#, Python, Ruby or JavaScript?

Yes, yes, yes and no/maybe.

C#, Python and Ruby all contain a C api layer that allows you to use C code with their respective language. Each language has its own headaches, but they work.

Javascript in the browser is an absolute no. Node.js, however has a ffi for C/C++ that should be able to interface correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by dragorth View Post

Yes, yes, yes and no/maybe.

C#, Python and Ruby all contain a C api layer that allows you to use C code with their respective language. Each language has its own headaches, but they work.

Javascript in the browser is an absolute no. Node.js, however has a ffi for C/C++ that should be able to interface correctly.
                      I don't know about the others but C# actually will be quite interesting on that front because there's a CIL -> SPIR-V compiler

Comment

Working...
                      X