Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vulkan 1.0 Released: What You Need To Know About This Cross-Platform, High-Performance Graphics API

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    amd didn't release driver for which there are zero games atm. let's cry

    Comment


    • #32
      Michae, what flight game is that? I want to try that tomorrow with Vulkan/Nvidia.
      Thanks

      Comment


      • #33
        Hmm extensions from nvidia vulkan driver:
        Code:
        $ ./vulkaninfo 
        ===========
        VULKAN INFO
        ===========
        
        Vulkan API Version: 1.0.3
        
        INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json, version "1.0.0"
        Instance Extensions and layers:
        ===============================
        Instance Extensions     count = 4
                VK_KHR_surface                  : extension revision 25
                VK_KHR_xcb_surface              : extension revision  6
                VK_KHR_xlib_surface             : extension revision  6
                VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
        
        Instance Layers count = 0
        Device Extensions and layers:
        =============================
        GPU0
        VkPhysicalDeviceProperties:
        ===========================
                apiVersion     = 4194307
                driverVersion  = 1488979584
                vendorID       = 0x10de
                deviceID       = 0x1380
                deviceType     = DISCRETE_GPU
                deviceName     = GTX 750 Ti
                VkPhysicalDeviceLimits:
                -----------------------
                        maxImageDimension1D                     = 0x4000
                        maxImageDimension2D                     = 0x4000
                        maxImageDimension3D                     = 0x800
                        maxImageDimensionCube                   = 0x4000
                        maxImageArrayLayers                     = 0x800
                        maxTexelBufferElements                  = 0x8000000
                        maxUniformBufferRange                   = 0x10000
                        maxStorageBufferRange                   = 0x7fffffff
                        maxPushConstantsSize                    = 0x100
                        maxMemoryAllocationCount                = 0xffffffff
                        maxSamplerAllocationCount               = 0xfa0
                        bufferImageGranularity                  = 0x10000
                        sparseAddressSpaceSize                  = 0xffffffffffffffff
                        maxBoundDescriptorSets                  = 0x4
                        maxPerStageDescriptorSamplers           = 0xfa0
                        maxPerStageDescriptorUniformBuffers     = 0xc
                        maxPerStageDescriptorStorageBuffers     = 0x10
                        maxPerStageDescriptorSampledImages      = 0x2000
                        maxPerStageDescriptorStorageImages      = 0x2000
                        maxPerStageDescriptorInputAttachments   = 0x8
                        maxPerStageResources                    = 0x6024
                        maxDescriptorSetSamplers                = 0xfa0
                        maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffers          = 0x48
                        maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffersDynamic   = 0x48
                        maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffers          = 0x60
                        maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffersDynamic   = 0x60
                        maxDescriptorSetSampledImages           = 0xc000
                        maxDescriptorSetStorageImages           = 0xc000
                        maxDescriptorSetInputAttachments        = 0x8
                        maxVertexInputAttributes                = 0x10
                        maxVertexInputBindings                  = 0x10
                        maxVertexInputAttributeOffset           = 0x7ff
                        maxVertexInputBindingStride             = 0x800
                        maxVertexOutputComponents               = 0x80
                        maxTessellationGenerationLevel          = 0x40
                        maxTessellationPatchSize                        = 0x20
                        maxTessellationControlPerVertexInputComponents  = 0x80
                        maxTessellationControlPerVertexOutputComponents = 0x80
                        maxTessellationControlPerPatchOutputComponents  = 0x78
                        maxTessellationControlTotalOutputComponents     = 0x1078
                        maxTessellationEvaluationInputComponents        = 0x80
                        maxTessellationEvaluationOutputComponents       = 0x80
                        maxGeometryShaderInvocations            = 0x20
                        maxGeometryInputComponents              = 0x80
                        maxGeometryOutputComponents             = 0x80
                        maxGeometryOutputVertices               = 0x400
                        maxGeometryTotalOutputComponents        = 0x400
                        maxFragmentInputComponents              = 0x80
                        maxFragmentOutputAttachments            = 0x8
                        maxFragmentDualSrcAttachments           = 0x1
                        maxFragmentCombinedOutputResources      = 0x10
                        maxComputeSharedMemorySize              = 0xc000
                        maxComputeWorkGroupCount[0]             = 0x7fffffff
                        maxComputeWorkGroupCount[1]             = 0xffff
                        maxComputeWorkGroupCount[2]             = 0xffff
                        maxComputeWorkGroupInvocations          = 0x600
                        maxComputeWorkGroupSize[0]              = 0x600
                        maxComputeWorkGroupSize[1]              = 0x400
                        maxComputeWorkGroupSize[2]              = 0x40
                        subPixelPrecisionBits                   = 0x8
                        subTexelPrecisionBits                   = 0x8
                        mipmapPrecisionBits                     = 0x8
                        maxDrawIndexedIndexValue                = 0xffffffff
                        maxDrawIndirectCount                    = 0xffffffff
                        maxSamplerLodBias                       = 15.000000
                        maxSamplerAnisotropy                    = 16.000000
                        maxViewports                            = 0x10
                        maxViewportDimensions[0]                = 0x4000
                        maxViewportDimensions[1]                = 0x4000
                        viewportBoundsRange[0]                  = -32768.000000
                        viewportBoundsRange[1]                  = 32768.000000
                        viewportSubPixelBits                    = 0x8
                        minMemoryMapAlignment                   = 64
                        minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment           = 0x10
                        minUniformBufferOffsetAlignment         = 0x100
                        minStorageBufferOffsetAlignment         = 0x20
                        minTexelOffset                          = 0xfffffff8
                        maxTexelOffset                          = 0x7
                        minTexelGatherOffset                    = 0xffffffe0
                        maxTexelGatherOffset                    = 0x1f
                        minInterpolationOffset                  = -0.500000
                        maxInterpolationOffset                  = 0.437500
                        subPixelInterpolationOffsetBits         = 0x4
                        maxFramebufferWidth                     = 0x4000
                        maxFramebufferHeight                    = 0x4000
                        maxFramebufferLayers                    = 0x800
                        framebufferColorSampleCounts            = 0xf
                        framebufferDepthSampleCounts            = 0xf
                        framebufferStencilSampleCounts          = 0xf
                        maxColorAttachments                     = 0x8
                        sampledImageColorSampleCounts           = 0xf
                        sampledImageDepthSampleCounts           = 0xf
                        sampledImageStencilSampleCounts         = 0xf
                        sampledImageIntegerSampleCounts         = 0xf
                        storageImageSampleCounts                = 0xf
                        maxSampleMaskWords                      = 0x1
                        timestampComputeAndGraphics             = 1
                        timestampPeriod                         = 0x1.000000
                        maxClipDistances                        = 0x8
                        maxCullDistances                        = 0x8
                        maxCombinedClipAndCullDistances         = 0x8
                        pointSizeRange[0]                       = 1.000000
                        pointSizeRange[1]                       = 189.875000
                        lineWidthRange[0]                       = 0.500000
                        lineWidthRange[1]                       = 10.000000
                        pointSizeGranularity                    = 0.125000
                        lineWidthGranularity                    = 0.125000
                        strictLines                             = 1
                        standardSampleLocations                 = 1
                        optimalBufferCopyOffsetAlignment        = 0x1
                        optimalBufferCopyRowPitchAlignment      = 0x1
                        nonCoherentAtomSize                     = 0x40
                VkPhysicalDeviceSparseProperties:
                ---------------------------------
                        residencyStandard2DBlockShape            = 1
                        residencyStandard2DMultisampleBlockShape = 1
                        residencyStandard3DBlockShape            = 1
                        residencyAlignedMipSize                  = 1
                        residencyNonResidentStrict               = 0
        
        Device Extensions       count = 2
                VK_KHR_swapchain                : extension revision 67
                VK_NV_glsl_shader               : extension revision  1
        
        
        Layers  count = 0
        
        VkQueueFamilyProperties[0]:
        ============================
                queueFlags         = GCD
                queueCount         = 16
                timestampValidBits = 64
                minImageTransferGranularity = (1, 1, 1)
        
        VkPhysicalDeviceMemoryProperties:
        =================================
                memoryTypeCount       = 4
                memoryTypes[0] : 
                        propertyFlags = 0
                        heapIndex     = 1
                memoryTypes[1] : 
                        propertyFlags = 1
                        heapIndex     = 0
                memoryTypes[2] : 
                        propertyFlags = 6
                        heapIndex     = 1
                memoryTypes[3] : 
                        propertyFlags = 14
                        heapIndex     = 1
                memoryHeapCount       = 2
                memoryHeaps[0] : 
                        size          = 2147483648
                memoryHeaps[1] : 
                        size          = 6242224128
        
        VkPhysicalDeviceFeatures:
        =========================
                robustBufferAccess                      = 1
                fullDrawIndexUint32                     = 1
                imageCubeArray                          = 1
                independentBlend                        = 1
                geometryShader                          = 1
                tessellationShader                      = 1
                sampleRateShading                       = 1
                dualSrcBlend                            = 1
                logicOp                                 = 1
                multiDrawIndirect                       = 1
                drawIndirectFirstInstance               = 1
                depthClamp                              = 1
                depthBiasClamp                          = 1
                fillModeNonSolid                        = 1
                depthBounds                             = 1
                wideLines                               = 1
                largePoints                             = 1
                textureCompressionETC2                  = 0
                textureCompressionASTC_LDR              = 0
                textureCompressionBC                    = 1
                occlusionQueryPrecise                   = 1
                pipelineStatisticsQuery                 = 1
                vertexSideEffects                       = 1
                tessellationSideEffects                 = 1
                geometrySideEffects                     = 1
                shaderImageGatherExtended               = 1
                shaderStorageImageExtendedFormats       = 1
                shaderStorageImageMultisample           = 1
                shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat     = 1
                shaderStorageImageWriteWithoutFormat    = 1
                shaderUniformBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                shaderSampledImageArrayDynamicIndexing  = 1
                shaderStorageBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                shaderStorageImageArrayDynamicIndexing  = 1
                shaderClipDistance                      = 1
                shaderCullDistance                      = 1
                shaderFloat64                           = 1
                shaderInt64                             = 1
                shaderInt16                             = 0
                shaderResourceResidency                 = 0
                shaderResourceMinLod                    = 0
                alphaToOne                              = 1
                sparseBinding                           = 1
                sparseResidencyBuffer                   = 1
                sparseResidencyImage2D                  = 1
                sparseResidencyImage3D                  = 1
                sparseResidency2Samples                 = 1
                sparseResidency4Samples                 = 1
                sparseResidency8Samples                 = 1
                sparseResidency16Samples                = 0
                sparseResidencyAliased                  = 1
                variableMultisampleRate                 = 1
                iheritedQueries                         = 1
        
        FORMAT_UNDEFINED:
        *snip*(bunch of different Format information)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by mike4 View Post
          Michae, what flight game is that? I want to try that tomorrow with Vulkan/Nvidia.
          Thanks
          It's not a game it's nvidia's vulkan demo:
          https://github.com/nvpro-samples/gl_vk_chopper

          Comment


          • #35
            All this rage at AMD; but won't AMDGPU and radeon work with Mesa's implementation of Vulkan? AMD Might have been moving forward and prioritizing windows like this knowing that they could rely on that.

            Not saying that it's cool, just that AMD users don't have to despair.

            Also, didn't AMD just submit a huge patch for AMDGPU to upstream? Maybe there was vulkan support in there all along, we weren't really told what it contained, but considering that intel's implementation of Vulkan in mesa is 36k lines... wouldn't be surprising that the size of that patch would have been because of vulkan.

            Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            amd didn't release driver for which there are zero games atm. let's cry
            To be fair, the current driver release isn't for end users, it's for developers and testing, AMD being behind actually can and will have an impact. Right now only people on non-AMD hardware can develop vulkan software on and for linux, they have no means of testing or running it on AMD. If this drags on it could lead to the first vulkan games being released on Linux without AMD support, and when AMD finally releases their vulkan code, all existing software reliant on vulkan will be completely untested for AMD, so AMD users will hvae to go in to vulkan software with a spray and pray mentality.
            Last edited by rabcor; 02-16-2016, 01:39 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              People really should not expect large performance gains on real-world game products. The API is "thinner" but the hardware "below" is still the same. High-end engines stress already the hardware without being held back by the API too much, especially with the performance tuned extensions OpenGL is sporting already.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
                Hmm extensions from nvidia vulkan driver:
                Code:
                $ ./vulkaninfo
                ===========
                VULKAN INFO
                ===========
                
                Vulkan API Version: 1.0.3
                
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json, version "1.0.0"
                Instance Extensions and layers:
                ===============================
                Instance Extensions count = 4
                VK_KHR_surface : extension revision 25
                VK_KHR_xcb_surface : extension revision 6
                VK_KHR_xlib_surface : extension revision 6
                VK_EXT_debug_report : extension revision 1
                
                Instance Layers count = 0
                Device Extensions and layers:
                =============================
                GPU0
                VkPhysicalDeviceProperties:
                ===========================
                apiVersion = 4194307
                driverVersion = 1488979584
                vendorID = 0x10de
                deviceID = 0x1380
                deviceType = DISCRETE_GPU
                deviceName = GTX 750 Ti
                VkPhysicalDeviceLimits:
                -----------------------
                maxImageDimension1D = 0x4000
                maxImageDimension2D = 0x4000
                maxImageDimension3D = 0x800
                maxImageDimensionCube = 0x4000
                maxImageArrayLayers = 0x800
                maxTexelBufferElements = 0x8000000
                maxUniformBufferRange = 0x10000
                maxStorageBufferRange = 0x7fffffff
                maxPushConstantsSize = 0x100
                maxMemoryAllocationCount = 0xffffffff
                maxSamplerAllocationCount = 0xfa0
                bufferImageGranularity = 0x10000
                sparseAddressSpaceSize = 0xffffffffffffffff
                maxBoundDescriptorSets = 0x4
                maxPerStageDescriptorSamplers = 0xfa0
                maxPerStageDescriptorUniformBuffers = 0xc
                maxPerStageDescriptorStorageBuffers = 0x10
                maxPerStageDescriptorSampledImages = 0x2000
                maxPerStageDescriptorStorageImages = 0x2000
                maxPerStageDescriptorInputAttachments = 0x8
                maxPerStageResources = 0x6024
                maxDescriptorSetSamplers = 0xfa0
                maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffers = 0x48
                maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffersDynamic = 0x48
                maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffers = 0x60
                maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffersDynamic = 0x60
                maxDescriptorSetSampledImages = 0xc000
                maxDescriptorSetStorageImages = 0xc000
                maxDescriptorSetInputAttachments = 0x8
                maxVertexInputAttributes = 0x10
                maxVertexInputBindings = 0x10
                maxVertexInputAttributeOffset = 0x7ff
                maxVertexInputBindingStride = 0x800
                maxVertexOutputComponents = 0x80
                maxTessellationGenerationLevel = 0x40
                maxTessellationPatchSize = 0x20
                maxTessellationControlPerVertexInputComponents = 0x80
                maxTessellationControlPerVertexOutputComponents = 0x80
                maxTessellationControlPerPatchOutputComponents = 0x78
                maxTessellationControlTotalOutputComponents = 0x1078
                maxTessellationEvaluationInputComponents = 0x80
                maxTessellationEvaluationOutputComponents = 0x80
                maxGeometryShaderInvocations = 0x20
                maxGeometryInputComponents = 0x80
                maxGeometryOutputComponents = 0x80
                maxGeometryOutputVertices = 0x400
                maxGeometryTotalOutputComponents = 0x400
                maxFragmentInputComponents = 0x80
                maxFragmentOutputAttachments = 0x8
                maxFragmentDualSrcAttachments = 0x1
                maxFragmentCombinedOutputResources = 0x10
                maxComputeSharedMemorySize = 0xc000
                maxComputeWorkGroupCount[0] = 0x7fffffff
                maxComputeWorkGroupCount[1] = 0xffff
                maxComputeWorkGroupCount[2] = 0xffff
                maxComputeWorkGroupInvocations = 0x600
                maxComputeWorkGroupSize[0] = 0x600
                maxComputeWorkGroupSize[1] = 0x400
                maxComputeWorkGroupSize[2] = 0x40
                subPixelPrecisionBits = 0x8
                subTexelPrecisionBits = 0x8
                mipmapPrecisionBits = 0x8
                maxDrawIndexedIndexValue = 0xffffffff
                maxDrawIndirectCount = 0xffffffff
                maxSamplerLodBias = 15.000000
                maxSamplerAnisotropy = 16.000000
                maxViewports = 0x10
                maxViewportDimensions[0] = 0x4000
                maxViewportDimensions[1] = 0x4000
                viewportBoundsRange[0] = -32768.000000
                viewportBoundsRange[1] = 32768.000000
                viewportSubPixelBits = 0x8
                minMemoryMapAlignment = 64
                minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment = 0x10
                minUniformBufferOffsetAlignment = 0x100
                minStorageBufferOffsetAlignment = 0x20
                minTexelOffset = 0xfffffff8
                maxTexelOffset = 0x7
                minTexelGatherOffset = 0xffffffe0
                maxTexelGatherOffset = 0x1f
                minInterpolationOffset = -0.500000
                maxInterpolationOffset = 0.437500
                subPixelInterpolationOffsetBits = 0x4
                maxFramebufferWidth = 0x4000
                maxFramebufferHeight = 0x4000
                maxFramebufferLayers = 0x800
                framebufferColorSampleCounts = 0xf
                framebufferDepthSampleCounts = 0xf
                framebufferStencilSampleCounts = 0xf
                maxColorAttachments = 0x8
                sampledImageColorSampleCounts = 0xf
                sampledImageDepthSampleCounts = 0xf
                sampledImageStencilSampleCounts = 0xf
                sampledImageIntegerSampleCounts = 0xf
                storageImageSampleCounts = 0xf
                maxSampleMaskWords = 0x1
                timestampComputeAndGraphics = 1
                timestampPeriod = 0x1.000000
                maxClipDistances = 0x8
                maxCullDistances = 0x8
                maxCombinedClipAndCullDistances = 0x8
                pointSizeRange[0] = 1.000000
                pointSizeRange[1] = 189.875000
                lineWidthRange[0] = 0.500000
                lineWidthRange[1] = 10.000000
                pointSizeGranularity = 0.125000
                lineWidthGranularity = 0.125000
                strictLines = 1
                standardSampleLocations = 1
                optimalBufferCopyOffsetAlignment = 0x1
                optimalBufferCopyRowPitchAlignment = 0x1
                nonCoherentAtomSize = 0x40
                VkPhysicalDeviceSparseProperties:
                ---------------------------------
                residencyStandard2DBlockShape = 1
                residencyStandard2DMultisampleBlockShape = 1
                residencyStandard3DBlockShape = 1
                residencyAlignedMipSize = 1
                residencyNonResidentStrict = 0
                
                Device Extensions count = 2
                VK_KHR_swapchain : extension revision 67
                VK_NV_glsl_shader : extension revision 1
                
                
                Layers count = 0
                
                VkQueueFamilyProperties[0]:
                ============================
                queueFlags = GCD
                queueCount = 16
                timestampValidBits = 64
                minImageTransferGranularity = (1, 1, 1)
                
                VkPhysicalDeviceMemoryProperties:
                =================================
                memoryTypeCount = 4
                memoryTypes[0] :
                propertyFlags = 0
                heapIndex = 1
                memoryTypes[1] :
                propertyFlags = 1
                heapIndex = 0
                memoryTypes[2] :
                propertyFlags = 6
                heapIndex = 1
                memoryTypes[3] :
                propertyFlags = 14
                heapIndex = 1
                memoryHeapCount = 2
                memoryHeaps[0] :
                size = 2147483648
                memoryHeaps[1] :
                size = 6242224128
                
                VkPhysicalDeviceFeatures:
                =========================
                robustBufferAccess = 1
                fullDrawIndexUint32 = 1
                imageCubeArray = 1
                independentBlend = 1
                geometryShader = 1
                tessellationShader = 1
                sampleRateShading = 1
                dualSrcBlend = 1
                logicOp = 1
                multiDrawIndirect = 1
                drawIndirectFirstInstance = 1
                depthClamp = 1
                depthBiasClamp = 1
                fillModeNonSolid = 1
                depthBounds = 1
                wideLines = 1
                largePoints = 1
                textureCompressionETC2 = 0
                textureCompressionASTC_LDR = 0
                textureCompressionBC = 1
                occlusionQueryPrecise = 1
                pipelineStatisticsQuery = 1
                vertexSideEffects = 1
                tessellationSideEffects = 1
                geometrySideEffects = 1
                shaderImageGatherExtended = 1
                shaderStorageImageExtendedFormats = 1
                shaderStorageImageMultisample = 1
                shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat = 1
                shaderStorageImageWriteWithoutFormat = 1
                shaderUniformBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                shaderSampledImageArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                shaderStorageBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                shaderStorageImageArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                shaderClipDistance = 1
                shaderCullDistance = 1
                shaderFloat64 = 1
                shaderInt64 = 1
                shaderInt16 = 0
                shaderResourceResidency = 0
                shaderResourceMinLod = 0
                alphaToOne = 1
                sparseBinding = 1
                sparseResidencyBuffer = 1
                sparseResidencyImage2D = 1
                sparseResidencyImage3D = 1
                sparseResidency2Samples = 1
                sparseResidency4Samples = 1
                sparseResidency8Samples = 1
                sparseResidency16Samples = 0
                sparseResidencyAliased = 1
                variableMultisampleRate = 1
                iheritedQueries = 1
                
                FORMAT_UNDEFINED:
                *snip*(bunch of different Format information)

                In my case appears like this with nvidia 355.00.26 + vulkan sdk (graphviz needed for vulkan runtime)


                Code:
                $ vulkaninfo
                ===========
                VULKAN INFO
                ===========
                
                Vulkan API Version: 1.0.3
                
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_api_dump.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_unique_objects.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_object_tracker.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_image.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_swapchain.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_screenshot.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_vktrace_layer.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_mem_tracker.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_draw_state.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_param_checker.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_threading.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d/VkLayer_device_limits.json, version "1.0.0"
                INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file /etc/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json, version "1.0.0"
                Instance Extensions and layers:
                ===============================
                Instance Extensions    count = 4
                    VK_KHR_surface                  : extension revision 25
                    VK_KHR_xcb_surface              : extension revision  6
                    VK_KHR_xlib_surface             : extension revision  6
                    VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                Instance Layers    count = 12
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_api_dump (LunarG debug layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_api_dump Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_GOOGLE_unique_objects (Google Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_GOOGLE_unique_objects Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_object_tracker (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_object_tracker Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_image (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_image Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_swapchain (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_swapchain Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_screenshot (LunarG image capture layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_screenshot Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_vktrace (Vktrace tracing library) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_vktrace Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_mem_tracker (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_mem_tracker Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_draw_state (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_draw_state Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_param_checker (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_param_checker Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_threading (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_threading Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_device_limits (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_device_limits Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_EXT_debug_report             : extension revision  1
                
                Device Extensions and layers:
                =============================
                GPU0
                VkPhysicalDeviceProperties:
                ===========================
                    apiVersion     = 4194307
                    driverVersion  = 1488979584
                    vendorID       = 0x10de
                    deviceID       = 0x1284
                    deviceType     = DISCRETE_GPU
                    deviceName     = GT 630
                    VkPhysicalDeviceLimits:
                    -----------------------
                        maxImageDimension1D                     = 0x4000
                        maxImageDimension2D                     = 0x4000
                        maxImageDimension3D                     = 0x800
                        maxImageDimensionCube                   = 0x4000
                        maxImageArrayLayers                     = 0x800
                        maxTexelBufferElements                  = 0x8000000
                        maxUniformBufferRange                   = 0x10000
                        maxStorageBufferRange                   = 0x7fffffff
                        maxPushConstantsSize                    = 0x100
                        maxMemoryAllocationCount                = 0xffffffff
                        maxSamplerAllocationCount               = 0xfa0
                        bufferImageGranularity                  = 0x10000
                        sparseAddressSpaceSize                  = 0xffffffffffffffff
                        maxBoundDescriptorSets                  = 0x4
                        maxPerStageDescriptorSamplers           = 0xfa0
                        maxPerStageDescriptorUniformBuffers     = 0xc
                        maxPerStageDescriptorStorageBuffers     = 0x10
                        maxPerStageDescriptorSampledImages      = 0x2000
                        maxPerStageDescriptorStorageImages      = 0x2000
                        maxPerStageDescriptorInputAttachments   = 0x8
                        maxPerStageResources                    = 0x6024
                        maxDescriptorSetSamplers                = 0xfa0
                        maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffers          = 0x48
                        maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffersDynamic   = 0x48
                        maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffers          = 0x60
                        maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffersDynamic   = 0x60
                        maxDescriptorSetSampledImages           = 0xc000
                        maxDescriptorSetStorageImages           = 0xc000
                        maxDescriptorSetInputAttachments        = 0x8
                        maxVertexInputAttributes                = 0x10
                        maxVertexInputBindings                  = 0x10
                        maxVertexInputAttributeOffset           = 0x7ff
                        maxVertexInputBindingStride             = 0x800
                        maxVertexOutputComponents               = 0x80
                        maxTessellationGenerationLevel          = 0x40
                        maxTessellationPatchSize                        = 0x20
                        maxTessellationControlPerVertexInputComponents  = 0x80
                        maxTessellationControlPerVertexOutputComponents = 0x80
                        maxTessellationControlPerPatchOutputComponents  = 0x78
                        maxTessellationControlTotalOutputComponents     = 0x1078
                        maxTessellationEvaluationInputComponents        = 0x80
                        maxTessellationEvaluationOutputComponents       = 0x80
                        maxGeometryShaderInvocations            = 0x20
                        maxGeometryInputComponents              = 0x80
                        maxGeometryOutputComponents             = 0x80
                        maxGeometryOutputVertices               = 0x400
                        maxGeometryTotalOutputComponents        = 0x400
                        maxFragmentInputComponents              = 0x80
                        maxFragmentOutputAttachments            = 0x8
                        maxFragmentDualSrcAttachments           = 0x1
                        maxFragmentCombinedOutputResources      = 0x10
                        maxComputeSharedMemorySize              = 0xc000
                        maxComputeWorkGroupCount[0]             = 0x7fffffff
                        maxComputeWorkGroupCount[1]             = 0xffff
                        maxComputeWorkGroupCount[2]             = 0xffff
                        maxComputeWorkGroupInvocations          = 0x600
                        maxComputeWorkGroupSize[0]              = 0x600
                        maxComputeWorkGroupSize[1]              = 0x400
                        maxComputeWorkGroupSize[2]              = 0x40
                        subPixelPrecisionBits                   = 0x8
                        subTexelPrecisionBits                   = 0x8
                        mipmapPrecisionBits                     = 0x8
                        maxDrawIndexedIndexValue                = 0xffffffff
                        maxDrawIndirectCount                    = 0xffffffff
                        maxSamplerLodBias                       = 15.000000
                        maxSamplerAnisotropy                    = 16.000000
                        maxViewports                            = 0x10
                        maxViewportDimensions[0]                = 0x4000
                        maxViewportDimensions[1]                = 0x4000
                        viewportBoundsRange[0]                  = -32768.000000
                        viewportBoundsRange[1]                  = 32768.000000
                        viewportSubPixelBits                    = 0x8
                        minMemoryMapAlignment                   = 64
                        minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment           = 0x100
                        minUniformBufferOffsetAlignment         = 0x100
                        minStorageBufferOffsetAlignment         = 0x20
                        minTexelOffset                          = 0xfffffff8
                        maxTexelOffset                          = 0x7
                        minTexelGatherOffset                    = 0xffffffe0
                        maxTexelGatherOffset                    = 0x1f
                        minInterpolationOffset                  = -0.500000
                        maxInterpolationOffset                  = 0.437500
                        subPixelInterpolationOffsetBits         = 0x4
                        maxFramebufferWidth                     = 0x4000
                        maxFramebufferHeight                    = 0x4000
                        maxFramebufferLayers                    = 0x800
                        framebufferColorSampleCounts            = 0xf
                        framebufferDepthSampleCounts            = 0xf
                        framebufferStencilSampleCounts          = 0xf
                        maxColorAttachments                     = 0x8
                        sampledImageColorSampleCounts           = 0xf
                        sampledImageDepthSampleCounts           = 0xf
                        sampledImageStencilSampleCounts         = 0xf
                        sampledImageIntegerSampleCounts         = 0xf
                        storageImageSampleCounts                = 0xf
                        maxSampleMaskWords                      = 0x1
                        timestampComputeAndGraphics             = 1
                        timestampPeriod                         = 0x1.000000
                        maxClipDistances                        = 0x8
                        maxCullDistances                        = 0x8
                        maxCombinedClipAndCullDistances         = 0x8
                        pointSizeRange[0]                       = 1.000000
                        pointSizeRange[1]                       = 189.875000
                        lineWidthRange[0]                       = 0.500000
                        lineWidthRange[1]                       = 10.000000
                        pointSizeGranularity                    = 0.125000
                        lineWidthGranularity                    = 0.125000
                        strictLines                             = 1
                        standardSampleLocations                 = 1
                        optimalBufferCopyOffsetAlignment        = 0x1
                        optimalBufferCopyRowPitchAlignment      = 0x1
                        nonCoherentAtomSize                     = 0x40
                    VkPhysicalDeviceSparseProperties:
                    ---------------------------------
                        residencyStandard2DBlockShape            = 1
                        residencyStandard2DMultisampleBlockShape = 1
                        residencyStandard3DBlockShape            = 1
                        residencyAlignedMipSize                  = 1
                        residencyNonResidentStrict               = 0
                
                Device Extensions    count = 2
                    VK_KHR_swapchain                : extension revision 67
                    VK_NV_glsl_shader               : extension revision  1
                
                
                Layers    count = 13
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_api_dump (LunarG debug layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_api_dump Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_GOOGLE_unique_objects (Google Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_GOOGLE_unique_objects Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_object_tracker (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_object_tracker Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_image (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_image Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_swapchain (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_swapchain Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_screenshot (LunarG image capture layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_screenshot Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_vktrace (Vktrace tracing library) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_vktrace Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_mem_tracker (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_mem_tracker Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_draw_state (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_draw_state Extensions    count = 1
                        VK_LUNARG_DEBUG_MARKER          : extension revision  0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_param_checker (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_param_checker Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_threading (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_threading Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_device_limits (LunarG Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_device_limits Extensions    count = 0
                
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_standard_validation (LunarG Standard Validation Layer) Vulkan version 1.0.3, layer version 1
                    VK_LAYER_LUNARG_standard_validation Extensions    count = 0
                
                
                VkQueueFamilyProperties[0]:
                ============================
                    queueFlags         = GCD
                    queueCount         = 16
                    timestampValidBits = 64
                    minImageTransferGranularity = (1, 1, 1)
                
                VkPhysicalDeviceMemoryProperties:
                =================================
                    memoryTypeCount       = 4
                    memoryTypes[0] : 
                        propertyFlags = 0
                        heapIndex     = 1
                    memoryTypes[1] : 
                        propertyFlags = 1
                        heapIndex     = 0
                    memoryTypes[2] : 
                        propertyFlags = 6
                        heapIndex     = 1
                    memoryTypes[3] : 
                        propertyFlags = 14
                        heapIndex     = 1
                    memoryHeapCount       = 2
                    memoryHeaps[0] : 
                        size          = 2147483648
                    memoryHeaps[1] : 
                        size          = 6235564032
                
                VkPhysicalDeviceFeatures:
                =========================
                    robustBufferAccess                      = 1
                    fullDrawIndexUint32                     = 1
                    imageCubeArray                          = 1
                    independentBlend                        = 1
                    geometryShader                          = 1
                    tessellationShader                      = 1
                    sampleRateShading                       = 1
                    dualSrcBlend                            = 1
                    logicOp                                 = 1
                    multiDrawIndirect                       = 1
                    drawIndirectFirstInstance               = 1
                    depthClamp                              = 1
                    depthBiasClamp                          = 1
                    fillModeNonSolid                        = 1
                    depthBounds                             = 1
                    wideLines                               = 1
                    largePoints                             = 1
                    textureCompressionETC2                  = 0
                    textureCompressionASTC_LDR              = 0
                    textureCompressionBC                    = 1
                    occlusionQueryPrecise                   = 1
                    pipelineStatisticsQuery                 = 1
                    vertexSideEffects                       = 1
                    tessellationSideEffects                 = 1
                    geometrySideEffects                     = 1
                    shaderImageGatherExtended               = 1
                    shaderStorageImageExtendedFormats       = 1
                    shaderStorageImageMultisample           = 1
                    shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat     = 0
                    shaderStorageImageWriteWithoutFormat    = 1
                    shaderUniformBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                    shaderSampledImageArrayDynamicIndexing  = 1
                    shaderStorageBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = 1
                    shaderStorageImageArrayDynamicIndexing  = 1
                    shaderClipDistance                      = 1
                    shaderCullDistance                      = 1
                    shaderFloat64                           = 1
                    shaderInt64                             = 1
                    shaderInt16                             = 0
                    shaderResourceResidency                 = 0
                    shaderResourceMinLod                    = 0
                    alphaToOne                              = 1
                    sparseBinding                           = 1
                    sparseResidencyBuffer                   = 1
                    sparseResidencyImage2D                  = 1
                    sparseResidencyImage3D                  = 1
                    sparseResidency2Samples                 = 1
                    sparseResidency4Samples                 = 1
                    sparseResidency8Samples                 = 1
                    sparseResidency16Samples                = 0
                    sparseResidencyAliased                  = 1
                    variableMultisampleRate                 = 1
                    iheritedQueries                         = 1
                
                
                FORMAT_UNDEFINED:
                    linearTiling   FormatFeatureFlags:
                        None
                    optimalTiling  FormatFeatureFlags:
                        None
                    bufferFeatures FormatFeatureFlags:
                        None
                
                FORMAT_R4G4_UNORM_PACK8:
                    linearTiling   FormatFeatureFlags:
                        VK_FORMAT_FEATURE_SAMPLED_IMAGE_BIT
                        VK_FORMAT_FEATURE_BLIT_SRC_BIT
                        VK_FORMAT_FEATURE_SAMPLED_IMAGE_FILTER_LINEAR_BIT
                    optimalTiling  FormatFeatureFlags:
                        VK_FORMAT_FEATURE_SAMPLED_IMAGE_BIT
                        VK_FORMAT_FEATURE_BLIT_SRC_BIT
                        VK_FORMAT_FEATURE_SAMPLED_IMAGE_FILTER_LINEAR_BIT
                    bufferFeatures FormatFeatureFlags:
                        VK_FORMAT_FEATURE_UNIFORM_TEXEL_BUFFER_BIT
                Complete log stay here (too big for phoronix post, limit 20000 characters in post)

                http://pastebin.com/0Fc1F5Bb


                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
                  It's not a game it's nvidia's vulkan demo:
                  https://github.com/nvpro-samples/gl_vk_chopper
                  Aaand I'm still looking for any vulkan example that can actually be compiled on linux.

                  Code:
                  [100%] Linking CXX executable /home/chris/build/bin_x64/gl_vk_chopper
                  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lNOTFOUND
                  Also running cmake a second time doesn't work.

                  Can nobody use cmake properly?
                  Edit: It's the ant tweak bar. Replacing -lNOTFOUND with -lAntTweakBar in CMakeFiles/gl_vk_chopper.dir/link.txt and running make again finishes it. Probably tries to link the statically built version which doesn't exist on archlinux.
                  Edit: Looks like it's attempting to start, but it requires OpenGL 4.5 and segfaults with mesa version override, so apparently can't be tested with vulkan alone.
                  Edit: Huh, not really, looks more like it comes from the example code:
                  Code:
                  Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
                  0x00007ffff4a55fe4 in __memcpy_sse2_unaligned () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
                  (gdb) bt
                  #0  0x00007ffff4a55fe4 in __memcpy_sse2_unaligned () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
                  #1  0x00005555555aff35 in memcpy (__len=12648448, __src=<optimized out>, __dest=<optimized out>) at /usr/include/bits/string3.h:53
                  #2  VkeCubeTexture::loadCubeDDS (this=0x55555629d100, [email protected]=0x5555555fffe7 "environ.dds") at /home/chris/oldhome/build/gl_vk_chopper/VkeCubeTexture.cpp:171
                  #3  0x000055555559c3f8 in vkeGameRendererDynamic::initRenderer ([email protected]=0x5555562106b0) at /home/chris/oldhome/build/gl_vk_chopper/VkeGameRendererDynamic.cpp:348
                  #4  0x000055555559c97e in vkeGameRendererDynamic::vkeGameRendererDynamic (this=0x5555562106b0) at /home/chris/oldhome/build/gl_vk_chopper/VkeGameRendererDynamic.cpp:201
                  #5  0x00005555555bbf70 in VulkanAppContext::initRenderer (this=0x5555560c9900, inProgramManager=...) at /home/chris/oldhome/build/gl_vk_chopper/VulkanAppContext.cpp:248
                  #6  0x00005555555b6f76 in pathclipping::Sample::initVulkan (this=0x7fffffffd090) at /home/chris/oldhome/build/gl_vk_chopper/vukansandbox.cpp:181
                  #7  pathclipping::Sample::begin (this=0x7fffffffd090) at /home/chris/oldhome/build/gl_vk_chopper/vukansandbox.cpp:252
                  #8  0x00005555555d8fa6 in nv_helpers_gl::WindowProfiler::run(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int, char const**, int, int, int, int) ()
                  #9  0x00005555555b7828 in sample_main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffd738) at /home/chris/oldhome/build/gl_vk_chopper/vukansandbox.cpp:359
                  #10 0x0000555555599cc9 in main ()
                  The offending code is
                  Code:
                                          memcpy(data, (void *)mipmap, layout.size);
                  I added
                  Code:
                  printf("Copy size %d\n", layout.size);
                  printf("sizeofmipmap %d\n", sizeof(mipmap));
                  right in front of it and got:
                  Copy size 12648448
                  sizeofmipmap 112
                  So I changed it to
                  Code:
                  memcpy(data, (void *)mipmap, sizeof(mipmap));
                  and it ran a bit further until it segfaults at another memcpy in gl_vk_chopper/VkeBuffer.h that doesn't look to be so trivial to work around.

                  Is the example just broken?

                  Edit: looking at the shaders, there are only glsl shaders that contain #extension GL_KHR_vulkan_glsl : require. So is it even possible to run this?
                  Last edited by haagch; 02-16-2016, 02:25 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I have a Fermi card and Nvidia's beta driver supports Kepler and later. Will they add Fermi support later on?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                      To be fair, the current driver release isn't for end users, it's for developers and testing, AMD being behind actually can and will have an impact. Right now only people on non-AMD hardware can develop vulkan software on and for linux, they have no means of testing or running it on AMD. If this drags on it could lead to the first vulkan games being released on Linux without AMD support, and when AMD finally releases their vulkan code, all existing software reliant on vulkan will be completely untested for AMD, so AMD users will hvae to go in to vulkan software with a spray and pray mentality.
                      there is no need to test software on amd, vulkan has vendor-neutral testsuite

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X