X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
    you lie and the joke is that somebody believes you.
    The Vulkan renderer for TTP is NOT a lie.

Leave a comment:

• Ferdinand
    replied
    Ah so it was the april fools kind of humor where you lie and the joke is that somebody believes you.

Leave a comment:

• kwahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post

There are intended glitches everywhere.
    Intended glitches look completely different. Also the bridge in Road to Gehenna is never glitching.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip View Post
    There are some really ugly texture mapping problems on the bridge in that screenshot, like it's a single line of texels smeared across the mesh. (It should look more like this). I assume their OpenGL renderer isn't that buggy, so that suggests it's probably an early far-from-completed Vulkan renderer.
    It is meant to look like that to fit the lore of the game, in which you are in a half-broken computer simulated world. There are intended glitches everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    Originally posted by haagch View Post
    Still rendered in OpenGL.
    Could also already be their WIP Vulkan renderer. How would we know?
    There are some really ugly texture mapping problems on the bridge in that screenshot, like it's a single line of texels smeared across the mesh. (It should look more like this). I assume their OpenGL renderer isn't that buggy, so that suggests it's probably an early far-from-completed Vulkan renderer.

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    fair enough

Leave a comment:

• haagch
    replied
    Originally posted by baffledmollusc View Post
    It's wrong.
    It was a joke - they added a "Vulcan" to their scene. Still rendered in OpenGL.
    Could also already be their WIP Vulkan renderer. How would we know?

Originally posted by geearf View Post
    most likely yes, it is wrong.
    There'd be no way to move the engine to Vulkan in 5 minutes...
    The joke was that they added the Vulcan character in 5 minutes. They have been in the process of adding Vulkan support, so it's possible that they rendered their Vulcan with Vulkan, but we don't really know.

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    Maybe Michael should have posted the rest of the blog entry:

After seeing the first screenshot we weren’t quite convinced that was the support Khronos Group is looking for. We confronted Dean about it and asked him if he read the official specifications at all?
    “No. Of course not! But it won’t stop me from speaking about it at this years GDC official Vulkan panel. And if you disagree, I’ll be available for questions after my lecture.”
    Dean was equally straightforward about the time frame for the upcoming patch that will add Vulkan functionality:
    Soon.”
    We were terrified to ask anything else. But YOU could try.
    As it is now, it looks like he really didn't get the joke...

Leave a comment:

• nranger
    replied
    Saavik: You lied!
    Spock: I exaggerated.
    Kirk: Hours instead of days! Now we have minutes instead of hours!

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    I can't quite tell if Michael was in on this joke when writing this or not, but it's funny either way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X