Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croteam Reiterates Vulkan Intentions, Shows Off Screenshot

Phoronix: Croteam Reiterates Vulkan Intentions, Shows Off Screenshot

A few days back was the news about Croteam's intentions for supporting the Vulkan graphics API. They confirmed they intend to support Vulkan for Serious Sam 4 and will also be supporting it with their Talos Principle game. Today they confirmed this information again...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

5 minutes? That sounds mighty impressive. So it seems that as long as the engine supports Vulkan it's pretty easy, as a game dev, to make your game work with it.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      5 minutes? That sounds mighty impressive. So it seems that as long as the engine supports Vulkan it's pretty easy, as a game dev, to make your game work with it.
      Yeah, 5 minutes, maybe they reused some of the ps4 code. Anyway I didn't know it was available on linux.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post

Yeah, 5 minutes, maybe they reused some of the ps4 code. Anyway I didn't know it was available on linux.
        dudes, really? U do see the pun don't you?

Comment

+1 for the Vulkan-rendered screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            5 minutes to add the logo in game (or maybe a monster with the logo) is what I took from the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
              dudes, really? U do see the pun don't you?
              Ah, Ok.... Now I do thanks

Comment

Trekkie humor.

Comment

I really hope Michael didn't actually think that was a Vulkan screenshot :P

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                    I really hope Michael didn't actually think that was a Vulkan screenshot :P
                    Explain? Do you suspect that it was rendered using OpenGL? I took it from the article that it was rendered using Vulkan. Is that wrong?

Comment

Working...
                    X